PCSX2 Very low fps..
Hey guys, i'm not sure whether to post this in the Plugin support forum or here since i'm not entirely sure if its a problem with my plugins but i'm pretty new to emu so yeah haha.

Ok so I just downloaded the new Pcsx2 0.9.6 and when I threw in my FFX disc and loaded it, it ran until the very opening scene and dropped to 15-30 FPS and very choppy animation, even the sound was off by a fair margin. My configuration for trying this is GSdx 890 SSE2 0.1.14 for graphics and sound plugin SPU2-X 1.1.0. I have read around regarding FFX problems and have also checked the box for NLOOP hack which seems to fix some problems and it still runs at VERY low fps (unplayable).

My CPU specs are following:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 2.59 GHZ
3.00GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE NForce 430

So i'm not really sure if its just my CPU is too slow to run Pcsx2 in general or if theres something i'm missing here but any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored links

It's your integrated GPU. The CPU should be sufficient now with the updates PCSX2 has gotten. It doesn't take very much to run FFX nowadays.

Plop in a dedicated GPU, something around the Nvidia 8600GT or the equivalent ATi. You'll see a drastic difference.
If you have an onboard gpu, dont expect to much about performance, your gpu will hold to gain performance and i think 6150 gpu isnt good enough except latest onboard gpu HD.3200/Nv.8200.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Aaah okay, yeah thats what I was thinking since my computer has a hard time running games such as NSF undercover and such. Thanks alot guys!