PCSX2 Vsync,W7Aero and Input lag. Borderless windowed needs to go.
(03-07-2015, 02:28 AM)JMC47 Wrote: Would having latency be even better help? Yes, but if the current staff has no desire to implement it, then it's up to someone who cares to show up and do it.

Could you please give a link to the source code so Blyss can study it? Maybe he can reuse it. Do you know the input lag of PCSX2?

Sponsored links

Months of work to add a different type of fullscreen support?
(03-06-2015, 03:28 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: I've seen exclusive full-screen a requested once before (I think, can't seem to find the post)
It was probably me Tongue. I was scratching my head thinking about why Vsync without aero worked only in some games and only under certain resolutions.

I'd like to have the skills to implement this and a black frame insertion feature (the reason why I use retroarch for everything except for PCSX2 and Dolphin), but for now I only know Java, Javascript, Java EE and PHP. A lot more than a year ago, but I still didn't start with C++.

I wonder if exclusive fullscreen would automatically trigger 3D Vision in GSdx.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(03-06-2015, 03:28 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Also is there a elf/ps2 game that can measure input lag / reaction times?

This is totally necroposting but the answer is Rock Band 2.

Also I'd like to throw my vote in and say that if anyone's capable of doing this and has the free time to do so, I'd love to see it implemented. Less latency can only be a good thing. Smile
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
I have one question.
What is the difference between pcsx2 borderless full screen and removing the window borders(and caption)and resize the window to the screen resolution by applying a style to the window
I tried this with autohotkey and there is definitely a difference(at least vsync from the pcsx2 settings is not needed)

Aero is enabled
The only games I have(I think)that need timing are At Tonelico 2 and Shadow Hearts seties
Are those good enough to measure input lag?
PS.I can't post the code,I'm not at home