Thread Rating:
  • 33 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Thanks bositman, that makes me think I'm on the right track...

I've managed to increase the vertical rendering but not the horizonal. If I wasn't such a total noob I'd know where to go from here but hey maybe I'll get lucky

Sponsored links

Then just decrese the verticalTongue, GOW2 built-in 16:9 mode is like that too, not all games can be changed same way.

Edit:
Monster Rancher 4 NTSC-U:

.pnach   0EF3697B.pnach (Size: 100 bytes / Downloads: 475)
yet another edit: ouch seems to move dialogues left, and the 3D parts added on the sides seem to get a bit of render delay or something:c
(well guess a side-effect of showing what shouldn't be seen)
It's okay I found the horizontal value now too, they were really close together... Adjusting them both results in ridiculously more atmosphere!!!

I'll do a little more testing later, right now gonna try to find SH2's values.
Harvest Moon - Save the Homeland NTSC-U:

.pnach   F0A6D880.pnach (Size: 115 bytes / Downloads: 495)
Quote:ICO - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   6F8545DB.pnach (Size: 97 bytes / Downloads: 524)
(sadly you will have to enable it after you start the game just like the pal version)
Still under testing
(03-26-2012, 10:40 PM)synce Wrote: It's okay I found the horizontal value now too, they were really close together... Adjusting them both results in ridiculously more atmosphere!!!

I'll do a little more testing later, right now gonna try to find SH2's values.

Awesome, hope it's the PAL one Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Guess time for a break;P anyway, before I go one more...

KA2 aka Mr Mosquito 2:

.pnach   DC73BFF8.pnach (Size: 102 bytes / Downloads: 330)

aw that's a game that deserve a compare screenshot;O

4:3

16:9

Quote:Silent Hill 3 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   2498951B.pnach (Size: 107 bytes / Downloads: 741)
SMT: Digital Devil Saga PAL - Shadow-fix hack, & 16:9 patch.

Tested it for about 2 hours while playing, everything seems fine. This doesn't completely remove it, but it does greatly alleviate the problem, and also stops the shadows clipping the player.

Great work with the patches guys, we went from 2 patches in total for years which was (FFX/FFX-2), to having about 20 games widescreen patched in a few days lol, GJ all.

Attached Files
.pnach   1683A6BE.pnach (Size: 744 bytes / Downloads: 502)
Well once again I found a way to increase vertical drawing space... But unlike SH3 the x value is nowhere close by. Any tips on finding it if I already know y? The game is Kunoichi, I posted some screens of me playing with the value (3f800000 at 21a3eac4)

EDIT: Nevermind. I swear as soon as I ask for something I find what I'm looking for just minutes later. For anyone curious you can also add Kagerou 2 (Trapt), Kunoichi (Nightshade), and Shinobi to the list of hackable games. I got 20+ ntsc-j pnaches that I'll zip as soon as I'm done. Just a few games to go

[attachment=31414]
^ 1

[attachment=31416]
^ 0.75

[attachment=31415]
^ 1.33

BTW I give up on SH2 lol