PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hmm not that easy for me Happy ...
I'm trying to use the FFX Pal patch from the 1st post.

I have a PAL-G version
SCES-50492 Game CRC = 0x941BB7D9

Well can't get it working ^^ Do I need another patch and/or have to make my own ?

Sponsored links

You'll need to make your own, German versions are ummm limited to germany?;P And for PAL we mean usually PAL-E or PAL-M5.
Maybe this will help you, there's also the guide.
you can also try to use the PCSX2 Widescreen Helper program to quickly scan out the value for ffx
first make save state on a 3d scene in pcsx2, then in widescreen helper click enable logging then select 2xx range in FFX you should the display change and see some values appear in the log paste them into a pnach file <gamecrc.pnach> then save it into the cheats folder.

( you can also narrow it down to a single value just edit the pnach and keep deleting any extra values after you removed a value load the save state in pcsx2, repeat until you find the correct one)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice tool Happy

Looks like I found the right one
Maybe someone else can use it Cool

.pnach   941BB7D9.pnach (Size: 70 bytes / Downloads: 1.449)
Here's my attempt at patching 'Tim Burton's nightmare before Christmas', NTSC-J version, with hyakki's widescreen helper...

Looks quite good, more area showed on the sides... but that moon still isn't completely round...Glare

EDIT:
Thanks to synce's post, I managed to correct this aspect-ratio error... so I updated the patch...

It would be nice if you could correct this default value in your program, hyakki... for noob patchers like me...Tongue

.pnach   625AF967.pnach (Size: 223 bytes / Downloads: 515)
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...
Grandia 3 uses dynamic adresses in the 3xxx range, replace 3FAAAAAB with 3FE37FA9 with the widescreen helper.

I've also tried my luck with Tales of the Abyss, but I think I'm nearly through with just about any variation to look for with nothing to show for it but a tiny amount of graphical glitches. Anyone else here tried their hand at it?

[Image: 22b56u.png]
[Image: mmv4wh.png]
^ In those screens the proportions look right but also the camera is zooming in, notice the top and bottom are cropped and there's nothing extra on the sides... Maybe there's another value you should seek, or maybe it's just one of those pain in the ass games lol

To make sure you're getting accurate widescreen you should compare 4:3 screenshot vs 16:9 (switch with F6 in pcsx2)
Yeah, I saw that, but I'm not really sure what values to look for to get the field of view right.

The next game I tried was Romancing SaGa, and I found one address (20426BD0) that seemed to work perfectly (and one that actually does, but that only changes the compass Tongue2), but the issue I ran into was that it reset back to it's original value on each zoning, and in fact varied wildly in value during battle with no way to permanently change it there... I found numerous others that seemed to copy that value and that I couldn't directly change as well, and I'm not really sure what to make of this. Is there any sort of logical way to continue searching from something like this or just forget about this one and just continue trying stuff till you find one that works?

Quite new to this, but it's sort of fun and getting stuff working in widescreen is definitely nice. Thanks for all the writeups and useful information in this thread and the guide btw. Smile
Hey i've got a question doods, with all this to make games rendering widescreen do you run in to problems like with the widescreen hack with Dolphin?
Where garbage will be on the sides and render in all weird with some games?

Or does this work as if the game was natively coded for widescreen?
Yes and No.
It's nothing universal, meaning each game have potentially completely different way to accuire it and completely different problems. It's not any widescreen hack, it's not Wii and things cannot be made same way, it's just simple patches to stored by some games screen ratio values, visible X or Y resolution or other mix of math and geometry found by a mix of wild guesses, luck and wasted time, if the game engine doesn't even expect to store any usefull math to make such patch, it cannot be made at all.