PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-17-2012, 04:06 PM)reprep Wrote: I think i see your point. It should of course be possible to force the game render the graphics with a higher resolution. All i am saying is SetGsCrt doesn't do that. But it might be possible via RAM hacking as you say..

You are playing a video with resolution below 640 x 480p on SMS right? Because SMS can play videos up to 720p and they will of course look better if you set the VMODE to 720p via a SetGsCrt syscall.

About the hack you say, any chance of giving raw memory addresses for a specific game? I will try on both PCSX2 and original PS2 for comparison.
Yes sure!
It looks that is more than one addresses but this one is definatelly the one mainly responsible:

203018C2

By default it's on 02 in HEX or 2 in normal value which is NTSC and in progressive mode it turns 50 in HEX or 80 in normal value which is the same value for 480p that SetGsCrt uses. (Always in Byte Type, not in 4 Byte type)

You may need to contact SMS devs/creator to ask what parameter/calls etc used to utilize native 720p and 1080i resolutions for it, they may be super usefull.

Sponsored links

Hello, I'm new here, but found this page looking for info about Odin Sphere in widescreen.
I'd like to know if it's possible to change the aspect ratio (not the resolution) of some of my games (3D games and such) and burn a patched copy for it to run on an actual modded PS2. Is there a tutorial somewhere or something like that?
Thanks in advance.
(05-18-2012, 02:27 AM)CornP Wrote: Hello, I'm new here, but found this page looking for info about Odin Sphere in widescreen.
I'd like to know if it's possible to change the aspect ratio (not the resolution) of some of my games (3D games and such) and burn a patched copy for it to run on an actual modded PS2. Is there a tutorial somewhere or something like that?
Thanks in advance.
try this. http://www.ps3hax.net/2012/05/ps2-43-to-...debreaker/ it uses codebreaker.
(05-18-2012, 05:09 AM)Mikey2ky Wrote: try this. http://www.ps3hax.net/2012/05/ps2-43-to-...debreaker/ it uses codebreaker.

wow thank you very much!
I'm going to try metal gear and persona with this.
(05-18-2012, 05:15 AM)CornP Wrote: wow thank you very much!
I'm going to try metal gear and persona with this.
no problem Smile i used codebreaker on my old ps2 versus ARMAX cause it didnt lag as much for me. i used it with pcsx2 as well before i started using .pnach files with the emulator. just remember too many codes at once can cause a freeze that includes the widescreen hacks as well. and always use original copies/ iso's from original copies. never download from web. it's stealing.
(05-18-2012, 05:46 AM)Mikey2ky Wrote: no problem Smile i used codebreaker on my old ps2 versus ARMAX cause it didnt lag as much for me. i used it with pcsx2 as well before i started using .pnach files with the emulator. just remember too many codes at once can cause a freeze that includes the widescreen hacks as well. and always use original copies/ iso's from original copies. never download from web. it's stealing.

What do you think about CodeBreaker v10???

Yes, I'm talking about real PS2...
has anyone patched Kingdom Hearts 1 final mix safely yet? i want to start from beginning like old times lol. i figured i'd play birth by sleep on jpcsp first then go straight to pcsx2 with khfm1 and khre:cm, play 358/2 days on desmume then back to pcsx2 with khfm2. i own all games and systems.

(05-18-2012, 05:58 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: What do you think about CodeBreaker v10???

Yes, I'm talking about real PS2...
sorry i didnt notice your post till just now lol. honestly its been bout couple years since ive used my slim but my buddy kyle still uses his and got a copy at a pawn shop and was locked in his dorm for a couple days. he almost failed his political science mid term cause of it ;p i do admit one thing after using .pnatch files i find it hard to believe i used to come home from school and sit there inputing codes with a controller for an hour or more lol.
Thanks for your opinion..

Yeah, filling CB with 100+ codes is just pure insane...Laugh
(05-18-2012, 06:30 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: Thanks for your opinion..

Yeah, filling CB with 100+ codes is just pure insane...Laugh
i tell you one thing back then it was redbull that kept me goin. now its Yeager bombs lmao. i wish i could get an all keyblades .pnach code for KH2FM. i posted on the correct thread but got nothing back yet.