PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-17-2012, 04:25 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Yes sure!
It looks that is more than one addresses but this one is definatelly the one mainly responsible:

203018C2

By default it's on 02 in HEX or 2 in normal value which is NTSC and in progressive mode it turns 50 in HEX or 80 in normal value which is the same value for 480p that SetGsCrt uses. (Always in Byte Type, not in 4 Byte type)

You may need to contact SMS devs/creator to ask what parameter/calls etc used to utilize native 720p and 1080i resolutions for it, they may be super usefull.

are you sure about 203018C2? I've tried this value on Cheat Engine for PCSX2 on several games and it was never 0x02.

If you have the chance, can you find the address for Soul Calibur 3? It is the only game i can reach for now which has progressive mode.

Sponsored links

Here's a patch for Grandia Xtreme (NTSC-U), includes both 16:9 and 16:10, 16:9 is default.

Attached Files
.pnach   8C49435E.pnach (Size: 190 bytes / Downloads: 608)
Could someone please make a patch for Max Payne 1 & 2?
It would be interesting, because PC version doesn't allow any kind of hack\trick to achieve a proper widescreen.
[Image: newreal.png]
(05-19-2012, 08:38 AM)Scarecrow Wrote: Could someone please make a patch for Max Payne 1 & 2?
It would be interesting, because PC version doesn't allow any kind of hack\trick to achieve a proper widescreen.
According to this list at least Max Payne 2 has a built-in widescreen option.
(05-19-2012, 02:52 PM)No.47 Wrote: According to this list at least Max Payne 2 has a built-in widescreen option.

Plus this kind of hack would work also on PC if you know what you're doing.

Also, for anyone asking Kingdom Hearts 1/FM hack, most probably, there won't be one, ever, I'm sorry.
The game doesn't have a width behaviour value, it is stored on a different philosophy that it's virtually impossible to detect without going through modifying ALL values between 20000000 and 3FFFFFFF and check the result of each, which sounds like a sci-fi scenario.

EDIT: Except if anyone wants to split the amount of 536.870.911 addresses and search one by one with the help of somebody else...
Still sounds like a wild goose hunting.
(05-19-2012, 05:49 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Plus this kind of hack would work also on PC if you know what you're doing.

Also, for anyone asking Kingdom Hearts 1/FM hack, most probably, there won't be one, ever, I'm sorry.
The game doesn't have a width behaviour value, it is stored on a different philosophy that it's virtually impossible to detect without going through modifying ALL values between 20000000 and 3FFFFFFF and check the result of each, which sounds like a sci-fi scenario.

EDIT: Except if anyone wants to split the amount of 536.870.911 addresses and search one by one with the help of somebody else...
Still sounds like a wild goose hunting.

lol, we'd have an officially released HD collection of KH before we can look through 537 million values. Dammit. Can't we narrow it down. Aren't there any hints as to what the width address will end in or start with or anything like that..ANYTHING to narrow the search down? Sad
You can try doing a range search during gameplay then rerun it during company logos. Good ranges are 0.1-2.0 or 240-1000

You rerun by hitting next scan
Photo 
Hi, I this is my firts widescreen patch, is for .hack//G.U vol1 Rebirth NTSC, was for the undub, wich i am playing, I finish the game in the past in the original english audio, but decide to play in japanese now.

.pnach   89E303FC.pnach (Size: 114 bytes / Downloads: 1.631)
Intel 3570k @ 4.3 GHz -0.005 offset 1.224 V
Noctua NH-U9B push/pull
Asus Maximus V Gene - Bios 1707 LLC Ultra High
4x2GB Samsung 30nm @ 1600 11-11-11-28-1T
Asus GTX550 Ti - for now
MyDigitalSSD BP3 64GB msata - for now
Corsair AX650
(04-01-2012, 09:05 AM)satchigi Wrote: I was wondering could anyone tri to find value of Tekken Tag Tournament (JAP) please?
I've tried to find myself but I couldn't because I'm not very skilled.

If anyone could find I think lots of tekken fans can get much benefit from it.

thx in advance.

I was able to force the game to widescreen. Unfortunately, the 2 addresses are stored in dynamic memory so the widescreen address always changes every time you load the game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-19-2012, 02:52 PM)No.47 Wrote: According to this list at least Max Payne 2 has a built-in widescreen option.

Humm, thanks for the info.
I haven't played the PS2 port yet, just assumed that he had no support of this feature given the lack of it in the PC version.

I'll try to get a copy with my cousin, anyway.
[Image: newreal.png]