PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Do you have Enable Widescreen Patches enabled in the System menu?

Sponsored links

Yes. Enabled System > Widescreen Patches, changed Config > Video > Window Settings > Aspect Ratio to 16:9 and patches under ~/.config/PCSX2/cheats_ws folder.
What GSdx settings are you using btw? Can you post a picture of the dialog)
Photo 
Plugin is GSdx GCC 5.4.0 AVX2/AVX2 1.1.0.

GS Core Settings is on "Preset 2 - Safe (faster)" and "Disable Framelimiting" is unchecked (i.e, default values).

A picture of GSdx Config:

A picture of Core GS Settings:

rael_gc Wrote:this game starts in PAL, then it'll ask the user if he/she wants to activate the NTSC mode.

By this I assume it starts in 50hz, and gives the option to switch to 60hz.
That makes it a PAL\Europe disc.

rael_gc Wrote:I have just 3 games that I dumped from my old PS2: GTA San Andreas, Gradius V and PES 2014.

rael_gc Wrote:Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

So PES 2014 worked with your PS2-console.
How were you able to do this when your console uses NTSC-U\USA BIOS?
@pgert: I think the issue is not related to this game. Gradius and GTA San Andreas are NTSC and they're presenting the same problem (just stretching).

Anyway, to answer your question: couple of years ago, I've spend some money to get PES 2014 from eBay, because here in my country all copies were patched and non original. Then I realized it was not working in my old PS2 due the PAL boot (on that time I was using it with an old CRT TV for games only). I got upset and that was the reason I started to use PCSX2.
rael_gc Wrote:I got upset and that was the reason I started to use PCSX2.

If you are using a BIOS downloaded from the internet, then know that it's likely to be corrupted, causing problems like yours.
Hey there! I was just going through the archive and noticed someone made a WS patch for Itadaki Street 3 (NTSC-J) and was wondering if someone could make one for Itadaki Street Special. Kinda surprised to see the former up there as the game has text display problems in PCSX2 while ISS actually has a patch to fix the board (plus it's a little more popular with the whole DQ+FF content Tongue2).

I just tried using Hyakki's Widescreen Helper and it crashed after about an hour. So I thought someone with more experience might have better luck with it.

Thanks in advance!
(04-07-2018, 05:06 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Sly Cooper has at least 3 separate checks for when it ***** up parts of gameplay for anti-cheat which also affects the current widescreen hack. I found the checks by read breakpoint on code regions.

I found 4 checks which causes the game to
- prevent using a key
- pass through furnace (fire)
- make jump & use hook unreliable
- unknown (check at boot)

Here is a patch for the european version which solves those issues. I played all stages from the first and second level to make sure everything is working.
No issues so far, i hope this patch is stable now :-)

Sly Raccoon (PAL-M5) (SCES-50917)

.pnach   DA3DD765.pnach (Size: 1,28 KB / Downloads: 318)
I too was able to make a working fix for sly cooper, but I forgot to post it. I was able to successfully 100% the game without issues.

Sly Cooper (NTSC) (SCUS-97198)

.pnach   C77AF2CA.pnach (Size: 358 bytes / Downloads: 252)