PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hi i have a question, can this widescreen patches be done also for 21:9 or is the 16:9 the maximum ratio ?

Sponsored links

It can be as wide as you want. However, keep in mind that the majority of games were originally meant for 4:3, so if you stretch it too wide, the 2D and text becomes far too wide. And then you start encountering more render issues and things that should not be seen on the sides of the screen.

If a game already has built-in 16:9, then a 21:9 patch is usually much safer.
Quote:Seems a bit confusing and effort put into something which doesn't really seem necessary? I don't know. I wouldn't have to do anything differently, right?

It's relevant for people that want to update the repo on github.
(08-03-2018, 08:30 PM)lightningterror Wrote: It's relevant for people that want to update the repo on github.

https://gitlab.com/Acidburn0zzz/pcsx2/tr...cfbb9b7694

I thought you were joking, looks like a facelift on the patches released, here, I mean here and there first, good job though. Found the bevy of widescreen patch for onimusha, in the patch archive, never had those patched on my ps2, except, remember the "shadow" issues with onimusha warlords's patch.
(08-03-2018, 07:14 PM)Devina Wrote: Seems a bit confusing and effort put into something which doesn't really seem necessary? I don't know. I wouldn't have to do anything differently, right?

Also, any ideas when PCSX2 1.6.0. will come out?
"Before years end" don't seem that unrealistic.

Anyway, I guess like so probably. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if we pull directly your zip, or unpack it afterwards.
On the other hand.. Do you perhaps know any way/criteria the patches could be... "Categorized"? "Divided"?

It seems so dirty for me, having a directory with thousands of files inside.
I think the current system we got here in place is fine, where I update the archive alongside a major PCSX2 update, and I don't know see why the widescreen hacks of dev builds need to be constantly updated, especially when I update it here and anyone who cares about having the most recent widescreen patches can download my latest archive.

Also, the patches being updated these days are pretty "whatever" for most people. For example, I just added Japanese soccer games and the European version of Speed Racer. These aren't the days when we were searching how to find a widescreen hack for popular games like Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy and whatnot. Those days are over. All the major popular games are done, and we've had years to add all the more niche games.

I know that the cheats_ws folder is a dirty solution, but I think it's the best thing for now. Especially considering how there are some "alternate" versions of patches located in the region folders, like 21:9 patches, and the region folders are where I keep WIP patches. The archive is where the patches are properly organized, and i've organized cheats_ws to the best of my ability with its 3000 patches. If you're looking for something in particular, like the CRC of a specific game, simply cross-check it with the region folders.
I managed to make a widescreen hack for Prisoner of Azkaban (NTSC-U, CRC = 51E019BC).

The only issue is, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to making a render fix. Wacko

Someone please help me out:

patch=1,EE,00129e9c,word,3c013fe3 //3c013faa // fov
patch=1,EE,00129ea0,word,3421aaab //3421aaab // idk what this is
patch=1,EE,00129ea4,word,44810000 //44810000 // idk what this is

patch=1,EE,00147a94,word,3c013edd //3c013f00 // zoom

The zoom values also causes a lot of glitches if you do a Full Boot with it, while it seems fine if you turn on the Widescreen Hack in a 3D environment.

If someone knows how to remove black bars in cutscenes, I would also be grateful.
(08-04-2018, 01:19 PM)Devina Wrote: I managed to make a widescreen hack for Prisoner of Azkaban (NTSC-U, CRC = 51E019BC).

The only issue is, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to making a render fix. Wacko

Someone please help me out:

If someone knows how to remove black bars in cutscenes, I would also be grateful.

Hi Devina

** Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (U)(SLUS-20926)  **

Here is a New Wide Patch (base on your code)

- Modify 'X-Fov code'
- Add 'Render fix'
Thanks Arapapa, but it still needs a render fix when I use it on mine.

It also narrows the entire HUD too, exposing some unwanted elements.

I think we are close but I made video on YouTube that shows all things to fix. Here's the link

(Hopefully I don't get banned  Biggrin )

It includes:
- render issue
- pause menu issue
- cutscene issue
- and this wierd thing on the right corner