PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Thanks so much Devina. I was able to get the addresses for the first one, which is seemingly the only one that has any effect during gameplay. I tried running v1.01 and toggled the values of the second address and nothing seemed to change. So this is what I'll go with for v2.00 (B0B73F49)

patch=1,EE,204E1528,word,3F248B44

Do you have any idea how I'd convert other cheats like "no crowd" or "no puck out of play" or "hockey ball", whose values are "1" (and presumably whose original values are zero)?

patch=1,EE,11E72B08,extended,00000001
patch=1,EE,11E72D70,extended,00000001
patch=1,EE,11E72E4C,extended,00000001

Sponsored links

So you got the widescreen hack working for 2.00?

And if you don't know what the second address is for, there's a chance it may be a render fix, so if you happen to see stuff disappearing on the edges of the screen, it may be that.

As for cheats, I'm not sure, never really been into cheats much, sorry. But I'd use my port guide as a basis.

Also some bad news regarding Over the Hedge. So I went to the second level, and the game froze (because of the previous level's FOV being turn into widescreen). It also turns out each level seems to have its own FOV. Sad It seems a bit similar to Rachet and Clank series and Stretch Panic, so PsxFan107 and Aced14 are the only ones who I think could be capable of making a widescreen patch for the game. If someone is desperate to play the game in widescreen, I found this for the PC version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enp9-ABCqyE
@Devina could you see if there is a copy of the 14AEA73F value in the executable for Over the Hedge. Widescreen for the PC version involves overwriting all instances of it in the executable with C692DF3F. Both values are little endian floating point values represented in hexadecimal. There will be a result in memory with an endian swap of the input search value if there is a result in the executable.
Not sure what you mean by "executable". PS2 games don't have .exe files, right? So it's not the same as a PC version, I think.

I tried searching for 14AEA73F in the .elf file, found nothing. Tried with both HxD and ps2dis and ELF Search Tool.
The executable for ps2 games is the elf file Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
@Devina try searching for 3FA7AE14 and replacing with 3FDF92C6 in the executable instead. If you don't find any with either 14AEA73F or 3FA7AE14 the aspect ratio value is probably hardcoded or calculated from other stuff.
There seems to be an issue with the patches for XIII (PAL) SLES-51244.

There are two different PNACH files - the 9C0F01BD.pnach from ElHecht does not work, the game is still 4:3.
And the other 200BC0E6.pnach from nemesis2000 is not compatible, as PS2 Patch Engine throws the error "Patch list contains misaligned writes"

I haven't found out yet what this error means, is it fixable?
That didn't work either, gamemasterplc... seems like an expert would need to take a look at the game.

As for XIII, no clue. This is why I play games via emulator, as the patches have more success on it.
Hey there it might've gotten lost in the shuffle months ago when I first requested it, but if it's okay, I'd like to re-request Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special (J). The PSP port was made with Widescreen, so I'd like to think the PS2 version would work in WS just as well.
(10-12-2018, 03:27 PM)majinboo Wrote: And the other 200BC0E6.pnach from nemesis2000
patch for PAL version not mine