PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hi!

I recently started playing through Crash Bandicoot series again as my childhood pretty much consisted of Crash lol.

Anyways, i have 21:9 monitor and wanted to try to figure out if i was able to create 21:9 patch for Crash: Mind over Mutant/Crash of the Titans but i have no idea how to proceed! The game itself already has widescreen support and option in main menu to switch between 4:3 - 16:9 and i've tried brainstorming and looking for the value which holds the information whenever switching between those two aspect ratios to no avail.

I have no expertise in this area and was wondering if someone could help me with this? (That is if it's even possible to create ultrawide patch for this game)

If someone manages to create 21:9 patch for Mind over Mutant and/or Titans i'm totally willing to pay for it!

Sponsored links

SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab 16:9 Widescreen Patches for the NTSC-U and PAL versions w/ renderfixes. 

I would also like to add a renderfix for the NTSC-K version, which is currently listed as needing a renderfix, but I need someone to send me a savestate for that version. There is also an NTSC-J version of this game that I'd be happy to make a 16:9 patch for as well but I don't have that version either, a savestate would also be needed for that version.

Attached Files
.pnach   82C46B7A.pnach (Size: 402 bytes / Downloads: 253)
.pnach   B1F87437.pnach (Size: 402 bytes / Downloads: 173)
Hello everyone!

I'd like to report that the patch for the NTSC-J version of Bully (019CFA48) only works properly when selecting 4:3 in the game's settings, selecting 16:9 stretches the game too much.
This does not happen with the NTSC and PAL versions, where the patches work fine in both 4:3 and 16:9 modes.

NTSC-J (16:9):
[Image: 77460754-d6716600-6e01-11ea-93b0-b529c730233e.png]

NTSC-J (4:3):
[Image: JsOZoUY.png]

NTSC/PAL:
(Screenshot is from NTSC version, 16:9)
[Image: 77460815-ee48ea00-6e01-11ea-86f9-b8b3521afe41.png]
(12-12-2019, 11:01 PM)Red_Tv Wrote: ace combat 5

patch=1,EE,00440828,word,32E0AAB7

patch=1,EE,0044082C,word,32F096A4

Hi, I tried with these values but I believe it doesn't work. I don't see any difference at all though, so maybe I am doing something wrong, I just edited the pnach files in the cheats_ws folder. Also, it looks like the values for Ace Combat 5 and Zero are the same, so I tried on Zero as well but with the same results.

EDIT: I forgot to select 16:9 in the options! Now 21:9 ultrawide works perfectly in Ace Combat 4 and 5, thank you! Unfortunately using the same codes on Zero makes it crash.

EDIT 2: I don't really know what happened, but using the normal widescreen patch and setting the aspect ratio to "Fit to Window/Screen" works with Ace Combat Zero in 21:9 ultrawidescreen now. Using PCSX2 1.5.0 dev3399.
Good assembly guide for widescreen hack??
(03-17-2020, 05:20 AM)Wolfe Wrote: Hi!

I recently started playing through Crash Bandicoot series again as my childhood pretty much consisted of Crash lol.

Anyways, i have 21:9 monitor and wanted to try to figure out if i was able to create 21:9 patch for Crash: Mind over Mutant/Crash of the Titans but i have no idea how to proceed! The game itself already has widescreen support and option in main menu to switch between 4:3 - 16:9 and i've tried brainstorming and looking for the value which holds the information whenever switching between those two aspect ratios to no avail.

I have no expertise in this area and was wondering if someone could help me with this? (That is if it's even possible to create ultrawide patch for this game)

If someone manages to create 21:9 patch for Mind over Mutant and/or Titans i'm totally willing to pay for it!

21:9 hacks for Mind Over Mutant and Crash of the Titans NTSC-U:

Mind Over Mutant

.pnach   6A8448BA.pnach (Size: 291 bytes / Downloads: 358)
Crash of the Titans

.pnach   C6E85EF0.pnach (Size: 323 bytes / Downloads: 433)

Note: Enable internal widescreen mode in each game for the 21:9 hack to take effect.
(02-20-2020, 07:30 AM)icup321 Wrote: I decided to update ElHecht's Widescreen Patches for Rayman 2: Revolution to support more aspect ratios, the aspect ratios I've added are 16:9 (enabled by default), 15:9, 16:10, 21:9, 25:16, and 32:9. I've also ported his widescreen patch to support the Japanese NTSC-J version (which is vastly different from all the other versions), the Korean NTSC-K version is also supported since it's pretty much near-identical to the USA version (even the crc matches). It looks great, the only problem is that the HUD is still stretched in widescreen and it might be tricky to find a fix since not even the PC modding community has managed to figure out to how to fix the HUD from stretching permanently in widescreen on the PC version of Rayman 2, so maybe someone here could help to see if it's possible to fix it in the PS2 version?
21:9 Screenshot:
[Image: 0frn2br.png]

Hi there.

As far as I know, there isn't any 15:9 ratio.
There is however a 15:10 ratio, namely for MS Surface Book.

Use 3C013F64 instead of 3c013f50 for 15:10.
(04-12-2020, 03:27 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: 21:9 hacks for Mind Over Mutant and Crash of the Titans NTSC-U:

Mind Over Mutant

Crash of the Titans

Note: Enable internal widescreen mode in each game for the 21:9 hack to take effect.
THANK YOU! This means so much to me.

Even if these two titles are definitely not the best Crash games out there, finally being able to play both of these in 21:9 feels great <3
I've been trying to fix HUD in Grandia 3 (NTSC-U) and I need some help with this.
I was able to find several addresses, but when I made a patch to test fixed IP gauge it tries to return to its original value from time to time or when you press L2/R2.
Here's a video for reference: https://youtu.be/2SsbRgE6lp4

This is my first time trying to make a patch, any help would be appreciated as I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
(04-15-2020, 05:21 PM)Wolfe Wrote: THANK YOU! This means so much to me.

Even if these two titles are definitely not the best Crash games out there, finally being able to play both of these in 21:9 feels great <3
Glad they worked for you! Also, my bad on the "EE" thing. I forgot about the casing.

@Racast Please post the addresses and a save state.