PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-21-2013, 10:22 AM)Aced14 Wrote: Here are some new/updated Downhill Domination pnaches Smile...

Downhill Domination (NTSC-U) [SCUS-97177]

Downhill Domination (PAL-M5) [SLES-52202]

MTBikers: Bakusou Mountain Bikers (NTSC-J) [SCPS-15062]

Changelog:
  • Fixed shell menu FOV (dark background image that flashes when the game starts - aka PAL language select menu). The hack for this was already included in the original pnaches, but had been commented out (which I later realized was causing problems).
  • Fixed tree sprite widths (easy to spot in title menu; likely has in-game benefits too)
  • Fixed FOV in PAL menus (was caused by a few mixups on my part when the NTSC-U pnach was ported to PAL).
  • Fixed FOV in 2-4 player pause menus.
  • Fixed goggles zoom-in/zoom-out FOV in bike shop.
  • Mostly fixed bike shop shadow width and top/bottom HUDs via conditional live memory hacks (haven't had any luck creating ELF-friendly hacks out of them). The reason I said mostly is because, due to the lack of ELF hacks for these parts, the game engine forces the top/bottom HUDs to their original widths during transition animations.
  • Implemented minor PAL FOV adjustments
  • Renamed and reorganized various hacks throughout the pnaches.
  • Ported the widescreen patches to MTBikers (Japanese version of Downhill Domination).
Notes:
  • I've attached an avalanche of NTSC-U screenshots to give a comprehensive overview of these pnaches. Where two 16:9 shots are present, the first one represents the original pnaches, and the second represents the current versions.
  • Downhill Domination's Japanese name doesn't seem to be accurate in PCSX2's game database. The game DB currently refers to it as "Bakuso! Mountain Bikers". I've referred to it as "MTBikers: Bakusou Mountain Bikers" in my pnach.
  • All of Incognito's PS2 games use combinations of 2D/3D elements for their HUDs... resulting in nightmare scenarios for widescreen hacking. Having said that, I've been able to develop comprehensive FOV hacks and various HUD fixes for all of Incognito's other games. Stay tuned for new/updated pnaches for those games in the near-future... I also have FOV and basic HUD repositioning hacks working in Eat Sleep Play's PS2 game...

hi there, i'm trying to apply this patch on a ntsc Iso, but I keep getting an error that says "Patch list contains unsupported cheat types". I tried to use the pal patch just to make sure that it was only the ntsc file that was bad, but nope, it also says that error message. any help?

Sponsored links

(04-21-2020, 05:48 AM)juanchikbz Wrote: hi there, i'm trying to apply this patch on a ntsc Iso, but I keep getting an error that says "Patch list contains unsupported cheat types". I tried to use the pal patch just to make sure that it was only the ntsc file that was bad, but nope, it also says that error message. any help?

IIRC Incognito games widescreen hack always has E-type codes that might be incompatible for ISO patching since those codes usually modifies memory during runtime.
@icup321 Other than a small difference in ram addresses for the widescreen flag, there seem to be no issues with the patch. Here is the fixed patch for 2.0:

.pnach   B3A71D10.pnach (Size: 3,68 KB / Downloads: 253)

@GoneAyywire If you would post a save state (Preferably without the widescreen patch applied) where that can easily be reproduced, I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.
(04-21-2020, 09:02 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: @icup321 Other than a small difference in ram addresses for the widescreen flag, there seem to be no issues with the patch. Here is the fixed patch for 2.0:

@GoneAyywire If you would post a save state (Preferably without the widescreen patch applied) where that can easily be reproduced, I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.
Thank you very much, I think that should cover all the NTSC-U Ratchet & Clank games!
For the PAL versions, there exists a revision of Ratchet & Clank 1, but I don't know if the CRC is any different, perhaps someone else can check it?

Anyways, on a different topic, I've made a widescreen patch for Pac-Man World 3 since the game's internal widescreen support is cropped 4:3, which means less visible area. I've made it for both the PAL and NTSC-U versions, enjoy!
Although there are some minor issues:
*Some particle-based objects such as the Spectral Ghosts are culled out after a certain point if they are in the very corner of the camera. I have no idea how to fix this.
*This widescreen patch goes over the "Normal" picture option, not "Widescreen" so if you select Widescreen in the game's options it will squish the view (this can be used to play it in 21:9 though).

Attached Files
.pnach   72A924F1.pnach (Size: 352 bytes / Downloads: 220)
.pnach   91ECC411.pnach (Size: 347 bytes / Downloads: 173)
(04-21-2020, 09:02 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: @GoneAyywire If you would post a save state (Preferably without the widescreen patch applied) where that can easily be reproduced, I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.

Sure thing, here's the savestates. Included in this package are savestates from NTSC US Version 1 aka "Original Version", Version 2 aka "Second Edition", and the Japanese version of the game. PAL version are not included. BTW, these savestates are made using latest git version of PCSX2 (v1.5.0-dev-3403-g58f5a5b91). All of these savestates take places on the Los Santos Drain Control, and CJ was inside the Hotring Racer.

None of these has widescreen patch enabled so it should be fine I guess.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YHwOlS...eyQztSfc0k
(04-21-2020, 02:50 PM)GoneAyywire Wrote: Sure thing, here's the savestates. Included in this package are savestates from NTSC US Version 1 aka "Original Version", Version 2 aka "Second Edition", and the Japanese version of the game. PAL version are not included. BTW, these savestates are made using latest git version of PCSX2 (v1.5.0-dev-3403-g58f5a5b91). All of these savestates take places on the Los Santos Drain Control, and CJ was inside the Hotring Racer.

None of these has widescreen patch enabled so it should be fine I guess.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YHwOlS...eyQztSfc0k

I having a bit of a tough time seeing the bug. I can see the fov increasing as the car gains speed but I can't see the graphical bug.
(04-22-2020, 12:01 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: I having a bit of a tough time seeing the bug. I can see the fov increasing as the car gains speed but I can't see the graphical bug.

Should I sent another savestates with the widescreen hack enabled instead?
(04-22-2020, 02:05 AM)GoneAyywire Wrote: Should I sent another savestates with the widescreen hack enabled instead?

I have it enabled on my end and I can barely see the graphical bug.

Edit: NVM I found a way to make it more visible.

Edit 2: Bad news. Those graphical bugs are actually spots that do not contain any textures that are brought into view by the higher FOV. I do not know if this can be fixed and for the time being, I have come up empty handed.
(04-22-2020, 02:08 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: Edit 2: Bad news. Those graphical bugs are actually spots that do not contain any textures that are brought into view by the higher FOV. I do not know if this can be fixed and for the time being, I have come up empty handed.

Can't you force the game to render more skyboxes? Basically a lá ThirteenAG's widescreen fix. But if you can't pull it off, well that's OK. Thanks for trying anyway. I guess I'll stuck to play it on 4:3.
So, my NTSC-U Ratchet & Clank patch is being removed from the recent pcsx2 builds due to it breaking a boss fight. If anyone can drop a save / save state that will aid me in fixing this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. This is frustrating because there was literally ZERO communication about this problem.