PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(04-22-2020, 04:00 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: So, my NTSC-U Ratchet & Clank patch is being removed from the recent pcsx2 builds due to it breaking a boss fight. If anyone can drop a save / save state that will aid me in fixing this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. This is frustrating because there was literally ZERO communication about this problem.

Its the recent build, as in not there before............I only say that because those patches were great. I got into hacking the ps3, and outside of ZOE/Ratchet/Metal Gear/God of War, I still use the ps2.

(if there is fragmented space on the ps2 drive, god of war refuses to boot.........so like now, I don't have to worry about fragmented space so much or periodic complete reinstalls just for that game)

As a gift for a friend the ps2 console is still tops, and the ratchet patches..............perhaps include another version but not replace the current one in the pack, two versions.

Sponsored links

Quote:So, my NTSC-U Ratchet & Clank patch is being removed from the recent pcsx2 builds due to it breaking a boss fight. If anyone can drop a save / save state that will aid me in fixing this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. This is frustrating because there was literally ZERO communication about this problem.

Here is a savestate in-game before the 1st vid-comic, it's in Slot 1. If the patch is enabled, the boss will not appear at the end of the level and not be playable.

I'm not much of a programmer myself but when I had checked the patch originally in the debugger, some of the addresses you used for the patching routine will be mirrored into kernel memory, which could also cause problems. For instance, 200C0000 would be mirrored into kernel memory as 000C0000.

http://www.filedropper.com/scus-9735345fe0cc401
Ratchet & Clank 3 NTSC-U:

Fixed a series of bugs including, but not limited to, the non-existant vid comic 1 boss. This was caused by my apparently not so unique identifier for the hud fix injection.

.pnach   45FE0CC4.pnach (Size: 4,16 KB / Downloads: 216)

Also, I plan on further improving my patches for the series. So, stay tuned folks!
I want to make a request for Next Generation Tennis 2003 since the game is now working on PCSX2.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid607989
(04-21-2020, 05:48 AM)juanchikbz Wrote: hi there, i'm trying to apply this patch on a ntsc Iso, but I keep getting an error that says "Patch list contains unsupported cheat types". I tried to use the pal patch just to make sure that it was only the ntsc file that was bad, but nope, it also says that error message. any help?

Unfortunately, PS2 Patch Engine doesn't support E-type codes Sad.

To avoid the error, remove the following lines from the NTSC-U pnach before patching your ISO...
Code:
patch=1,EE,E0030002,extended,00A095D0 //Conditional live memory fixes for Bike Shop menu
patch=1,EE,20A095D0,extended,3FAA3D71 //00000000 - Bike Shop Top HUD Width (Live Memory)
patch=1,EE,20A09610,extended,3FAA3D71 //00000000 - Bike Shop Bottom HUD Width (Live Memory)
patch=1,EE,20A60038,extended,C2DE0000 //00000000 - Bike Shop Shadow Shape/Width (Live Memory)

Please note that the bike shop will look kind of strange without that part. I'll try to turn that E-type code into an ELF hack in the next version of that game's pnaches.

Btw I'd recommend using the updated Downhill Domination pnaches from reply #3.854. It fixed replay FOV issues.

(04-21-2020, 06:13 AM)GoneAyywire Wrote: IIRC Incognito games widescreen hack always has E-type codes that might be incompatible for ISO patching since those codes usually modifies memory during runtime.

A lot of older widescreen pnaches for Incognito/ESP's games used E-type codes to overcome issues with full boot mode in older versions of PCSX2. Those enable conditions were later removed. See replies #5,357 and #5,361 for background info.

Some also use E-type code for other reasons (like live memory checks or detecting ELF files in fan translations/magazine demo discs).

Currently, as far as main game logic is concerned, the Twisted Metal: Black and Twisted Metal: Head On Extra Twisted Edition widescreen pnaches don't use E-type codes at all. War of the Monsters uses a couple of E-type codes, but those can be swapped with a commented-out ELF hack for ISO patching. That leaves Downhill Domination as the odd one out.
I'm trying for first time to see how these widescreen cheats are created. So I'm using a game that already have a patch but I wanted just to test it because the address is already known. I'm finding the address 2032f6ec which is for the aspect ratio and when I change the value from 3f800000 to 3f400000 nothing happens...

Code:
"NFS Hot Pursuit 2 /ID SLUS_203.62"

Mastercode
90284EE8 0C0A1362

//Widescreen
2010e994 46011702
2032f6ec 3f400000
2032f850 3f2aaaaa

(01-12-2020, 01:20 AM)querschnitt Wrote: does anyone has a widescreen patch for wwe - smackdown vs raw (SLUS 210.60)

I only found one in the archive for the PAL Version, but I need NTSC-U

Thx in advance!
I second this. PAL version has a widescreen hack but not for NTSC. The pnach Id for the NTSC version is DEC7A844 if that helps
(05-03-2020, 01:47 PM)MepsiPax Wrote: I second this. PAL version has a widescreen hack but not for NTSC. The pnach Id for the NTSC version is DEC7A844 if that helps

I think the PAL hack uses the same addresses as the NTSC version for this game so just renaming the PAL pnach to DEC7A844 might work. Worth a try.

Edit- see patch below.
(05-03-2020, 07:06 PM)someother1ne Wrote: I think the PAL hack uses the same addresses as the NTSC version for this game so just renaming the PAL pnach to DEC7A844 might work. Worth a try.
Yeah just tried this, the HOV fix works but the camera seems a little more zoomed in than normal
(05-03-2020, 09:22 PM)MepsiPax Wrote: Yeah just tried this, the HOV fix works but the camera seems a little more zoomed in than normal

Yes, I updated the camera address which seems the only thing different from the PAL version. Try this one.

Attached Files
.pnach   DEC7A844.pnach (Size: 591 bytes / Downloads: 149)