PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Agrippa Wrote: You have to port the "no interlacing code" from the JPN version, because the frame buffer settings are different between the JPN and rest of world releases:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid610192

I tried that as well but no success. I searched all instances of 30630001 and changed it to 30630000 but none of them worked.

Sponsored links

(05-17-2022, 01:21 PM)RasmusTa Wrote: this one seems to not work with Ps2 patch engine, is there any other alternative option ?  because i prefer to patch the image 
i tested it and it seems that the codes that start with "E00" do not work

Those are conditional codes, and only applies during game's runtime since it expects the value that loaded in PS2 EE RAM space.
Unfortunately, to adapt those conditional codes into a static one so it can be used for ISO patching is going to require more work.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
Hi, I downloaded the new PCSX2 update, and I saw that there still is the outdated (and very broken) early Widescreen code for DBZ Sparking Meteor (that would be the NTSC J version of DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3)

CRC = F28D21F1

Can you replace it please? So that it won't return in future updates. I already provided a functioning code here to use in its place

I ask this because the outdated code takes priority over a normal-functioning widescreen patch, and so I had to search for the old cheat in the cheats_ws archive and remove it
MotorStorm - Arctic Edge - NTSCU version (SCUS-97654) - 32:9 ASPECT RATIO

Couldnt find very many 32:9 aspect ratios patches for PCSX2 in general. And haven't seen any for MotorStorm Arctic Edge. I've been able to get MotorStorm and MotorStorm Pacific Rift on PS3 in 32:9 aspect ratio using cheat engine and RPCS3 at 5120x1440 resolution. It's very immersive. I'm currently playing through Arctic Edge again and would love to get 32:9 working on PCSX2. This is my favorite offroad series (been playing series since 2007). I tried to follow the tutorials but wasn't able to get it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I noticed an issue with the widescreen patch for the game, Baroque. The game normally features a grain filter in addition to a ghosting effect around the characters which is used both for atmosphere and to obscure the fact that some NPC models only fully load in when you approach them. Image #1 is what the game is supposed to look like and Image #2 is how it looks with the widescreen patch on, as you can see the widescreen patch disables both of the grain filter and the ghosting effect. Someone on the PCSX2 Discord was able to edit the patch so that the grain filter was still present while using it (Image #3,) but they were unable to do the same for the ghosting effect. Would it be possible to edit the patch so that the ghosting effect would still be present? Based on what I was told it sounds like the only reason that it isn't there is because the patch currently doesn't adjust the dimensions of the effect to suit the wider field of view. If that is indeed the case then I would imagine that it should be possible to get both the filter and ghosting effect working alongside the widescreen patch if said effect's dimensions were properly adjusted. Would anyone know how to go about doing this?

Request: Tales of Destiny Director's Cut
I request the removal of the Herdy Gurdy (e2762cb7) patch, unless it can be fixed. It doesn't adjust the height of the picture correctly to the top and the bottom of the screen get cut off.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Can someone help port or find a proper widescreen pnach for Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories NTSC J SLPM 66917?
Thanks a lot for your amazing job!
I want to report a small issue found in Tales of Destiny Director's Cut.
In battle, the position of CC gauge at the left bottom is not correct.

Hi, I can't find the widescreen patch / cheat for Spyro AHT PAL [SLES-52569] [6E51213C] anywhere?
Does it exist only for US NTSC?
Thanks for any help