PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I know someone said they didn't want to touch the DDR games in terms of widescreen patching because those games mainly use 2D and FMV's.

That would apply to pre-Supernova mixes. Supernova and upward all use 3D stages and characters for their backgrounds and very few songs uses FMV's.
If Supernova 1 and 2 along with DDR X and X2 could have widescreen patches to bring those closer to the later Wii games but also the DDR Ultramix and Universe series that would be amazing.

Sponsored links

So i thought myself how to patch a game and semi-succesfully patched DDR SuperNOVA?

There's some graphical glitching going on but for some reason it goes back to 4:3 once in game unless the song has a unique video that plays.
I'll leave the patch i made and maybe someone more experimented could look into what's going on?

Attached Files
.pnach   23EFA2AF.pnach (Size: 206 bytes / Downloads: 62)
Quote:
WIP PATCHES
These patches need improvement and won't be in cheats_ws, but will be kept in their individual folder in the archive.
  • 1771BFE4: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (NTSC-U) - Too narrow cutscenes.

Why is this Version's patch WIP?

The PAL Patch seemingly does absolutely nothing differently apart from having a slightly higher FOV?

Just like the PAL Patch the NTSC Patch also cuts FMVs off (albeit slightly more) but as all FMVs on this game are Logos or Demos apart from the Intro that doesn't look effected anyway I don't see how this is any reason to have 1 Patch without the other?
Hello! Can someone please make a widescreen patch for Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde (NTSC-U)?
I'm really sorry to say this but is no one posting any new/updated widescreen patches lately? I've requested a widescreen patch for Pro Race Driver (SLUS-20329) for over a year and even attempted to make my own widescreen patch, but I don't get a response. I also asked for help with improving the widescreen for R: Racing Evolution (SLUS-20721), but still no response. The same also goes for Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge (SLUS-20954).
Could someone please kindly help me out here?
I've got a bit of a problem with the Shadow the Hedgehog patch. While it works without a hitch from PCSX2 (and presumably would do the same from OPL), patching the image with it is a different story - the 3D elements actually end up stretched instead of squished, achieving the opposite of the intended effect, and the text is all over the place. Could anyone please help me find a way to properly patch the image?

Oddly enough, the patch for Sonic Heroes (which uses the same engine) is near perfect and has no issues whatsoever if you patch the image itself.
Can someone help find a widescreen code for
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories NTSC J SLPM 66917

Thanks
(08-19-2022, 11:49 AM)Dashingar Wrote: I've got a bit of a problem with the Shadow the Hedgehog patch. While it works without a hitch from PCSX2 (and presumably would do the same from OPL), patching the image with it is a different story - the 3D elements actually end up stretched instead of squished, achieving the opposite of the intended effect, and the text is all over the place. Could anyone please help me find a way to properly patch the image?

Oddly enough, the patch for Sonic Heroes (which uses the same engine) is near perfect and has no issues whatsoever if you patch the image itself.

It won't work with ISO patching because the values needed for replacing the codes was generated during the game's runtime in PS2's EE RAM. You have to find the pre-defined codes in the game's executable (before the game sent the values to the memory) to make it work with the ISO patching method (Either by using ps2dis or ghidra w/ "ghidra-emotionengine" processor).
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(08-23-2018, 08:27 AM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-J

Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII

NTSC-U

Hot Wheels - Stunt Track Challenge

PAL

Hot Wheels - Stunt Track Challenge (modified)
Robot Wars - Arenas of Destruction
Roland Garros 2005 - Powered by Smash Court Tennis
RPM Tuning

@arapapa, your codes for the game "Hot Wheels - Stunt Track Challenge" breaks the games in the PCSX2 loading them from the start.

In the case of the PAL the CRC of my game that i need is 1DE69E4C instead the provided 39F20A4D, having the same executable of (SLES-52481).
Maybe you posted a wrong CRC for the PAL version?

Loading the game from the start, the codes causes errors in the PCSX2 and always stucks in the "THQ" logo.

The only way that it worked is loadingĀ a savestate, but this is a workaround.

I noticed that from the two codes provided inside the patch, only the second is the one needed for put the game in 16:9, the first one is useless.

You provide also the hexadecimal codes, but when i search them in the ELF fileĀ (SLES-52481) they do not exist!

About the USA version the CRC that i have is the same as the one provided, but the game closes with errors more instantly than the PAL version.

And also they don't work in the PS2.

Please take a look for fix the patches for this game.

Best regards.
Thumbs Up 
(06-30-2012, 05:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: Warriors Orochi 2 SLES 55382 (E)

Can you please tell me what to do next with this file? I just want 1080p resolution in Warriors Orochi 2 too Sad Sad Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)