PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(08-27-2012, 02:27 PM)Mr.Bonkers Wrote: Where Can I find these and how well do they work?
You can find resolution hacks for the Tomb Raider games on his site http://ps2wide.net/ (so I would guess they're working). I think he also posted a such hack for one of the Final Fantasy games a while ago but it introduced glitches.

(08-27-2012, 02:57 PM)dlanor Wrote: [camera mod for .hack//Infection]
And what about the dev's intention now? Tongue
Just kidding, in fact I (optionally) included such modifications in some of my patches, too. But these mods are very subjective and hence should always be optionally.

Sponsored links

(08-27-2012, 09:03 AM)marcelo_20xx Wrote: By all means don't quit, try to learn how to make your own patches. I am trying too, but messing with ELFs and PS2dis is a PITA, not so hard with cheat engine, but I prefer to know how to do the ELF way.

Well, I remember writing my own cheats by comparing 2 save states @ hex level, so I guess using cheat engine for widescreen is somehow similar, (there is a constant value showing the x, and y res and you modify that), however, whats the idea behind elf and ps2dis? we try to find that x and y res there?? any hint?
edit: nvm
(08-27-2012, 06:09 AM)marcelo_20xx Wrote: any hopes for Monster Hunter 2 SLPM-66280?
yes

Monster Hunter 2 (SLPM-66280)

[Image: mh21.jpg]

[Image: mh22.jpg]
Well didn't manage to hack Golden Wind, but got Phantom Blood working!

Here's a comparison:

I think it still looks a really little bit stretched, but damn game has a black bar in the bottom for no known reason, messing up the values I had to input, finding the adress was easy, but due to the bar...anyway, I think is an emulation glitch, I don't remember any black bars on the real ps2, though, it appears in both hardware and software mode.

Also, the screenshot was taken in Pause because the enemies don't let me take pictures easily and send me out of the desired frame >_>

Maybe I'll do a v2 later.

Anyway here's the patch for JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Phantom Blood:

.pnach   28244492.pnach (Size: 138 bytes / Downloads: 486)

Btw, I have a question, would it be possible to modify other graphical things? I know resolution can be altered, and we've already been altering the aspect ratio Tongue, but would it be possible to modify the Refresh Rate? to make normally 30fps games run at 60fps (If you have the hardware obviously)
@Nemesis2000
Still dont know how you do this, I spent all night yesterday to get a patch for Monster Hunter 2 based on the code you found for Monster Hunter, but couldnt find the right address. All i got was some values that can move the camera up and down, others messed the player width or height, but nothing like a aspect ratio code.

Also I am curious in one thing, for what is the second value of the Monster Hunter patch:

initial value (4:3)
F0FFBD27 B63F023C 0000BFFF 6EDB4234

changed to (wide)
F0FFBD27 F33F023C 0000BFFF 35CF4234

with the first changed, the game is already in wide, thats why I am asking
(08-28-2012, 12:06 AM)marcelo_20xx Wrote: Also I am curious in one thing, for what is the second value of the Monster Hunter patch:

initial value (4:3)

changed to (wide)
F0FFBD27 F33F023C 0000BFFF 35CF4234

with the first changed, the game is already in wide, thats why I am asking

3FB6 - first half of float

DB6E - second half of float
Thanks nemesis2000, also now I know why I couldn't find the value for Monster Hunter 2 earlier, because It wasn't in the ELF file!!!. I never thought I needed to search in the ISO, though that is beyond my skills.

If anyone is curious as to how to apply the nemesis2000's Monster Hunter 2 patch, you need an hex editor that allows you to edit large files (above 4GB), one of such programs is FlexHex (not advertising or anything here, is just the one I use) you can download and get the trial or buy yourself the full version. Or better, download HxD which is a Freeware hex editor that can handle files of any size! How could I miss that.

After that find the hex string as usual, "Crtl+F", select "Hex bytes" and type the entire hexstring provided by nemesis2000, then replace and save the ISO file.
Hopes for odin sphere? Tongue2
^ Here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid216073

And here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid216142

Good luck Smile