PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(03-20-2012, 12:01 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Yeah I found it with the float conversion of 3f4ccccd, which is 0.800000, This value also finds the SH2 map ratio, meaning when your running around but, I think the resolution changes when you enter battles, for some reason. The ratio edit has no effect in battle >.>

This and the fact it's RNG with the address, looking bad for SH2 Sad lol

hmm it does work in battles its just another value :X
(I'm now finding it easier just to batch change all the 300xxxxx ranges that match to 3f1b3333), not ideal but it works Smile , it's still driving me nuts why its using the 300xx range
    > 4:3

-> standard gsdx widescreen

-> using 3f1b3333

Sponsored links

When I tried to edit the width address which worked outside of battle to change the screen width, the same value did nothing for me when i entered a battle, and tried changing it, not sure why to be honest.

Been trying to think of a work around for the changing addresses, but no luck here yet. Any luck on your side?

I've tried quite a few addresses that I found while the game was running, but none work again after the game has been shut down.

The 20xxxxxx values are static and don't change after the shutdown, and they hold the width value also, because everytime I change the 30 screen width value, the 20 value changed also to match the 30 one, everytime. But they only make the game bug out when used in a patch, such as cant load your game, and nasty low fps etc.
I'm stumped lol.
you're changing the memory mirrors and uncached memory mirror values. i guess you torturing the emulator more than what it's worth. all that 30 and 20 offsets route to the the same physical memory address.

the address range of 32MB is 0x00000000 to 0x02000000 where iirc about 1 MB are staticly reserved for the bios and the kernel and additional stuff at runtime and the game executable sections are still loaded at 0x00100000. so the absolute range you might wanna use is from 0x00100000 upwards as big as the executable is if your target is to get the static or maybe fixed dynamic data inside or rather in a section right after the elf but you'd rather not expect the data to reliable.

what you trying to get there is maybe data that has been allocated or changed by the game dynamicly and that might change all the time. you'll get nowhere with that cause the data is in flux.

you can only have save what is really static.

let me throw some else: some of the of the screen parameters might change multiple times per frame. as like writing some temporary stuff into a structure to push into a function call. (i can't tell from the address offsets if it is a "bbs section"). if you got one of those thery're also not really predictable. cause to fail there too.
I've tried the new widescreen patch values out for FFX. Works perfectly Smile and if I do say so myself, much nicer looking that even the original widescreen patch, let alone with no patch at all.

[No Patch]
[Image: nopatch.png]

[Regular used patch values]
[Image: regularwidepatch.png]

[Default 4:3 aspect ratio]
[Image: 4to3.png]

[New widescreen patch values]
[Image: mypatch.png]
I think so too, attached patches with the new widescreen values for the ntsc-u games.

Final Fantasy 10 (NTSC)
.pnach   BB3D833A.pnach (Size: 185 bytes / Downloads: 4.751)

Final Fantasy 10-2 (NTSC)
.pnach   48FE0C71.pnach (Size: 189 bytes / Downloads: 2.233)
I think I've found why certain games use the 0.8 search value for finding the render width of the screen. Those game's res = 720x576i: 576i/710p = 0.8 = 3f4ccccd. Other games may be slighly off the .8 ratio value, so won't show in the results.

I'm not set in stone with this yet, but it seems like a solid theory, and it would also explain why I haven't been able to find the value working for other games. Will try to test.

Edit: Now I've a problem, need to find an accurate list of all used ps2 resolutions for PAL, and NTSC lol
(03-22-2012, 11:55 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I think I've found why certain games use the 0.8 search value for finding the render width of the screen. Those game's res = 720x576i: 576i/710p = 0.8 = 3f4ccccd. Other games may be slighly off the .8 ratio value, so won't show in the results.

I'm not set in stone with this yet, but it seems like a solid theory, and it would also explain why I haven't been able to find the value working for other games. Will try to test.

Edit: Now I've a problem, need to find an accurate list of all used ps2 resolutions for PAL, and NTSC lol

Maybe I was testing in sh2, and haunting ground, but I ended in failure Tongue2, I tried using range searches from 0.2 - 0.9 (and other values) then filter out any changing values, I would then batch change values slightly to see the effect (luckily pcsx2 is pretty resilient to crashing), all I could come up with was camera movement (left & right / zoom in and out) and other strange results like wind speed, fog, colors, character vertex / textures, some are kinda neat (found one value that makes the game look like broken glass Tongue) but in the end I just couldn't find the main projection matrix so I'm thinking it might not be using floats to calculate the value maybe its just using something like x= 512 y=448.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-21-2012, 01:31 AM)hyakki Wrote: I think so too, attached patches with the new widescreen values for the ntsc games.

Final Fantasy 10 (NTSC)

Final Fantasy 10-2 (NTSC)

I've changed the CRC and enabled cheats but the FFX patch doesn't work with the NTSC-J version. Switching to 16:9 mode stretches everything out... I haven't tested the FFX-2 one yet but I assume it won't either. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do?
(03-23-2012, 04:41 PM)synce Wrote: I've changed the CRC and enabled cheats but the FFX patch doesn't work with the NTSC-J version. Switching to 16:9 mode stretches everything out... I haven't tested the FFX-2 one yet but I assume it won't either. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do?

Here you go: (ensure to keep the second 'patch 1' line commented out)

First patch is for the international NTSC-J, second is the regular NTSC-J

International patch below
Code:
gametitle=FF10-INT-NTSC-J
comment=FF10-INT-NTSC-J-Widescreen(16:9)
patch=1,EE,20313F80,word,3F19999A
//patch=1,EE,20313F84,word,3F8CCCCD

Regular JP version
Code:
gametitle=FF10-NTSC-J
comment=FF10-NTSC-J-Widescreen(16:9)
patch=1,EE,00308b00,word,3F19999A
//patch=1,EE,00308b04,word,3F8CCCCD

Note: From actually testing the new widescreen values in FFX, 3F19999A seems to be even more accurate for this game. 100% accurate to the native pixel ratio actually, but the difference is minimal, so it doesn't really matter much.
Thanks, it works now! Sadly the current FFX-2 patch is also no good for NTSC-J (standard edition), I guess some values need to be changed?

BTW I'm loving where this thread is going, now bookmark'd Laugh