PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Thanks bositman, that makes me think I'm on the right track...

I've managed to increase the vertical rendering but not the horizonal. If I wasn't such a total noob I'd know where to go from here but hey maybe I'll get lucky

Sponsored links

Then just decrese the verticalTongue, GOW2 built-in 16:9 mode is like that too, not all games can be changed same way.

Edit:
Monster Rancher 4 NTSC-U:

.pnach   0EF3697B.pnach (Size: 100 bytes / Downloads: 886)
yet another edit: ouch seems to move dialogues left, and the 3D parts added on the sides seem to get a bit of render delay or something:c
(well guess a side-effect of showing what shouldn't be seen)
It's okay I found the horizontal value now too, they were really close together... Adjusting them both results in ridiculously more atmosphere!!!

I'll do a little more testing later, right now gonna try to find SH2's values.
Harvest Moon - Save the Homeland NTSC-U:

.pnach   F0A6D880.pnach (Size: 115 bytes / Downloads: 2.302)
Quote:ICO - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   6F8545DB.pnach (Size: 97 bytes / Downloads: 801)
(sadly you will have to enable it after you start the game just like the pal version)
Still under testing
(03-26-2012, 10:40 PM)synce Wrote: It's okay I found the horizontal value now too, they were really close together... Adjusting them both results in ridiculously more atmosphere!!!

I'll do a little more testing later, right now gonna try to find SH2's values.

Awesome, hope it's the PAL one Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Guess time for a break;P anyway, before I go one more...

KA2 aka Mr Mosquito 2:

.pnach   DC73BFF8.pnach (Size: 102 bytes / Downloads: 598)

aw that's a game that deserve a compare screenshot;O

4:3

16:9

Quote:Silent Hill 3 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   2498951B.pnach (Size: 107 bytes / Downloads: 1.108)
SMT: Digital Devil Saga PAL - Shadow-fix hack, & 16:9 patch.

Tested it for about 2 hours while playing, everything seems fine. This doesn't completely remove it, but it does greatly alleviate the problem, and also stops the shadows clipping the player.

[Before]
[Image: two.jpg]

[After]
[Image: Untitled-14.jpg]

Great work with the patches guys, we went from 2 patches in total for years which was (FFX/FFX-2), to having about 20 games widescreen patched in a few days lol, GJ all.

Attached Files
.pnach   1683A6BE.pnach (Size: 744 bytes / Downloads: 714)
Well once again I found a way to increase vertical drawing space... But unlike SH3 the x value is nowhere close by. Any tips on finding it if I already know y? The game is Kunoichi, I posted some screens of me playing with the value (3f800000 at 21a3eac4)

EDIT: Nevermind. I swear as soon as I ask for something I find what I'm looking for just minutes later. For anyone curious you can also add Kagerou 2 (Trapt), Kunoichi (Nightshade), and Shinobi to the list of hackable games. I got 20+ ntsc-j pnaches that I'll zip as soon as I'm done. Just a few games to go

[attachment=31414]
^ 1

[attachment=31416]
^ 0.75

[attachment=31415]
^ 1.33

BTW I give up on SH2 lol