PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
返事ありがとう!今6年目。日本に行た事ある?

字幕消せないのが残念。何か前にアンダビングで直接で消すおうとしたけど、フイルムに記録されている文字が字幕としてはっきり書いてないからだと思う。

セノサーガIとIIがちょっと違うから絶対ベクターグラフィックは消せない?

いつもありがとう!

Thanks for your reply. I did a bit of I undubbing with Xenosaga in the past and manually deleting the subtitles was a pain because even within the file it doesn't explicitly say they're subtitles. They're also out of order, so there's a real chance of deleting something more important.

Xenosaga I and II are a built different aren't they? Even having the file and knowing the name is there no way you know to disable it?

Thanks again!
ロバが旅に出たところで馬になって帰てくる訳じゃない。

Sponsored links

日本に行ったことがない Unsure

残念だけどXenosagaシリーズのテキストの削除は僕の能力が役立たない

ちょっと話が変わるけど、日本女性をどう思う?w

Edit: if my crappy Japanese confuses you, just let me know and I'll provide translation lol But anyway I wouldn't be able to remove the subtitles or start menu with that info, I'm surprised I even figured out how to patch Laugh
Fair enough. Thanks for the reply!

それは残念。今頑張ってそのデータを消そうとするけど、出来るもんかなぁって思ってる。

日本女性?日本の女性は葉っぱが広い。今の彼女の付き合いはもうすぐ4年目だけど今だってすごい大変な時もある。それに初めての彼女は最悪だった。でも多分日本人の方がましだな。何で?
Here's the patch for the NTSC-J version of 'Clock Tower 3'... (thanks to hyakki for his '3F54FDF4'-searching tip)Happy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   68EAF48F.pnach (Size: 118 bytes / Downloads: 494)
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...
大変だなぁ・・・なんとかなるよ。

とにかくなんでもない。

Ganbare and all that good stuff Tongue
ありがとう!頑張る。

Good luck to ya!
Hey everybody! First post here, though I've been following this place for quite some time!
I really appreciate everybody's contribution to this thread, it's something alot of people have been complaining for long time now.

I really enjoy the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ patch, it's perfect, makes me wonder why Square Enix still waits to release an HD remake of the game despite 2012 being the series's 10th anniversary.
I also noticed the Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain Of Memories one. Well, respect to the person who posted it BUT it's actually wrong, it modifies both W and H values which results more into a zoom out effect than a proper 16:9 hack.
If you remove the H value and leave it as is, it kind of fixes the issue, but it's not directly to a 16:9 aspect ratio, you need to find a better value for it, and so I did! You can grab the patch on the end of this post.

Also, here are some WIP stuff I did too:

Digimon Data Squad (NTSC-U)
The Good:
-It's a pixel perfect 16:9 hack
The Bad:
-Stuff like the intro logos, pause menu and text bubbles are 4:3 centered on the screen and they don't get streched (atleast without a hard way I can't find for now), resulting into pillarboxes or garbage on the sides of the screen, simmilar to how NullDC handles 16:9 hacks.
-The speech text starts from the center of the screen and gets streched to the right. In some cases, speech text might end up outside the speech bubble, though it never goes offscreen.
The Funny:
There is a cutscene that you see an enemy on an empty stage, or atleast it appears its! Normally you only see an empty room in 4:3 but in 16:9 you can see a treasure box which kind of spoils what will happen next in the game. I guess that happens on alot of games where things should be hidden in the extra area/field outside 4:3 aspect ratio.

Crash Bandicoot Wrath Of Cortex (PAL)
The Good:
-It's a pixel perfect 16:9 hack
The Bad:
-Notice the highlighted Coco in the image I provide. She appears slimmer even though Crash isn't, or atleast till he starts to move... It appears that in non-idle animations characters have one (or more) different value(s) that define the Width of the model. The result is that models will change/pop randomly from thick to wide versions of themselfs which is a bit funny and annoying.

Some games I tried working on with no success so far:

Digimon World 4 - Found values for many stuff but the closest related value I could find is the zoom value but nothing related to width.
Tekken Tag Tournament - Even if you would patch that, it would look bad since (like in the funny part of Digimon Data Squad I said above) when on TAG mode and you'd change fighter he supposed to appear just a bit outside 4:3 field so in 16:9 he would POP! out of nowhere middle screen, UGLY. Either way I can't find values that dont give weird results to the game.
Tekken 4 - Any value that I found modifies the fighter models and that only, nothing about the stage or something...(weird)
Fahrenheit - The values I found only modify (in a bad way) the models or change the view of the camera, nothing else.
Crash Nitro Cart - same as Fahrenheit.
Digimon Rumble Arena 2. - Whatever I do only results into terribly deformed stuff, also tends to crash ALOT.
Death By Degrees - That one is definitely patchable but it needs a more experienced person than me. What I understood is that it's like 2-3 values that you need to modify, one affects the stage, one the models and one everything related to 2D stuff like text and menus.
Kingdom Hearts (1) - AAAAARGHHH. This thing is sooo tricky. It may not have different values everytime you reboot the game BUT I can't seem to find any value that modifies the aspect ratio. There are values that modify the width of the models but intrestingly, when you modify them the game will do it's best to try to put them back to their normal value. If you forced it to keep that value and the game's mechanism will fail after some tries to recover it, it will assign a new random address for it on the fly. When I reallised that, it kinda made me angry, why would they do that? Sounds like an error handling mechanism to me. I reaaally need help on that.

I provide for all the patches above a 4:3 and 16:9 comparison photos that prove that they are pixel-perfect 16:9 hacks indeed and not "nearest neighbors" to 16:9.

.pnach   3A03D62F.pnach (Size: 169 bytes / Downloads: 662)
.pnach   7E582398.pnach (Size: 192 bytes / Downloads: 711)
.pnach   A287DF74.pnach (Size: 98 bytes / Downloads: 623)

Here's my contribution ,thanks to the wide screen helper app Smile

Devil May Cry 2 (E) (Dante Disc), Samurai Warriors 2 (U), Samurai Warriors 2 XL (U)

Attached Files
.pnach   3C93E06A.pnach (Size: 176 bytes / Downloads: 539)
.pnach   6D9F918C.pnach (Size: 154 bytes / Downloads: 594)
.pnach   CC4B9CDE.pnach (Size: 282 bytes / Downloads: 536)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The patches work for the real PS2 also Smile
..?? That will be Great Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]