PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Pavachan,

thanks for the Persona 4 widescreen patch. I don't believe that the patch causes bugs to happen, but it seems to me the 4:3 mode in Persona 4 is meant to 'hide' certain animations (such as walking/running characters get stuck on the screen before making an entrance in the scene; a bit difficult to explain so you'll have to see it for yourself) that we aren't suppose to see.

Anyone experience the same thing?
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB

Sponsored links

(06-27-2012, 01:42 PM)strider3871 Wrote: Pavachan,

thanks for the Persona 4 widescreen patch. I don't believe that the patch causes bugs to happen, but it seems to me the 4:3 mode in Persona 4 is meant to 'hide' certain animations (such as walking/running characters get stuck on the screen before making an entrance in the scene; a bit difficult to explain so you'll have to see it for yourself) that we aren't suppose to see.

Anyone experience the same thing?

I didnt notice, however i didnt have time to test it yet. Still though, at least until i can get a Vita, it'll have to do ^^

---

And yeah, sorry about the TNG captures :/ was late, been doing this for hours, and had to have something in the background Smile
Persona 3 FES NTSC-U 16:9

I did not make this patch, this is from Page 30 of this thread, apparently made by someone named CeruleansBlue, and originally posted by CornP.

I am simply adding it here so that it can appear on the Full Patch List, since on Page 30 there was no file to download.

Note : This patch works for me (P3FES NTSC-U).

Attached Files
.pnach   94A82AAA.pnach (Size: 74 bytes / Downloads: 3.278)
Tekken 5 NTSC-U Widescreen Zoom Fix

Tekken 5 has a built in 16:9 mode that simply cuts off portions from the top and bottom of the screen, making the game look a bit, um, enlarged and uncomfortable.

This patch adjusts the zoom level of the built in 16:9 mode to more closely resemble the normal 4:3 zoom.

I made this patch, however credit goes to 99skull back on page 35 for finding the zoom value address.

*Note - this patch also affect the normal 4:3, which is too much zoom, so only use it if you use the game's internal 16:9 option.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   652050D2.pnach (Size: 100 bytes / Downloads: 1.454)
(06-28-2012, 02:13 AM)pavachan Wrote: Tekken 5 NTSC-U Widescreen Zoom Fix

[...]

I think you overlooked that this patch is already on the list. The problem is, the patch is incomplete (as is mine), you can read my post for details.
However, it seems that the correct address to patch can be found in the dynamic memory range (3xxx), there was a post about it lately. That makes a simple PNACH patch impossible, however you can use WSH/Cheat Engine, or even better create an ELF patch for it.
(06-28-2012, 12:59 PM)No.47 Wrote: I think you overlooked that this patch is already on the list. The problem is, the patch is incomplete (as is mine), you can read my post for details.
However, it seems that the correct address to patch can be found in the dynamic memory range (3xxx), there was a post about it lately. That makes a simple PNACH patch impossible, however you can use WSH/Cheat Engine, or even better create an ELF patch for it.

oh yeah, i know it's incomplete, but i just made it on a whim when reading 99skull's post, and found it nicer to play afterwards, the camera pop was very minimal to my tastes.

as for elf hacks, i applied the ones by nemesis to Rogue Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts 1, they work perfectly, but while i know how to look for certain hex values in a file and change them, i dont necessarily know what values to look for when trying to patch an elf from scratch.
(06-28-2012, 02:19 PM)pavachan Wrote: as for elf hacks, i applied the ones by nemesis to Rogue Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts 1, they work perfectly, but while i know how to look for certain hex values in a file and change them, i dont necessarily know what values to look for when trying to patch an elf from scratch.

True. However if you already have an working memory patch it sometimes makes it easier... not always, though.
(06-28-2012, 03:02 PM)No.47 Wrote: True. However if you already have an working memory patch it sometimes makes it easier... not always, though.

Is there perhaps some guide or explanation regarding elf patching? namely what values to look for and such.
I really wouldnt mind giving it a go, and in fact would prefer my game images to be permanently patched.
(06-28-2012, 03:17 PM)pavachan Wrote: Is there perhaps some guide or explanation regarding elf patching? namely what values to look for and such.

I'm afraid there isn't, nemesis2000 alone knows how he made these hacks. Some ELF hacks can be made by good guessing combined with trial-and-error, others probably require some disassembling.
(06-28-2012, 04:46 PM)No.47 Wrote: I'm afraid there isn't, nemesis2000 alone knows how he made these hacks. Some ELF hacks can be made by good guessing combined with trial-and-error, others probably require some disassembling.

ok, could you recommend any disassembler program i could use in Windows 7 64bit to disassemble the elf files?

I'll do the research myself of course, just need the software to do it. the one i found on google, IDA Pro, goes for about 1000$ or so, which is to say the least a bit above my financial ability.

------------

Edit : k, found ps2dis, loaded the file, now trying to figure out what was changed in the Rogue Galaxy patch.