PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-01-2012, 08:02 AM)devina40 Wrote: Here's version two of the collection (as of December 1st, 2012).
There are currently about 370 games in the collection.

If you notice any patches are missing or need to be updated, please post here and they will be included.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is missing but I'm going to update the cheat soon with more accurate values with better rounding that seem pixel perfect up to 7282x4096 (8k).

Sponsored links

(12-01-2012, 08:02 AM)devina40 Wrote: Here's version two of the collection (as of December 1st, 2012).
There are currently about 370 games in the collection.

If you notice any patches are missing or need to be updated, please post here and they will be included.

That's some nice job there Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-01-2012, 10:34 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is missing but I'm going to update the cheat soon with more accurate values with better rounding that seem pixel perfect up to 7282x4096 (8k).

Really? I'm sure it's under NTSC-J > Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.

(12-01-2012, 10:59 AM)Bositman Wrote: That's some nice job there Smile

Thanks! My wrist was really hurting after copying and pasting for 2 hours. D:<
@devina40:
Some patches have both 16:9 and 16:10 hacks.
You should check each patch individually to see if the 16:9 or 16:10 mode is set.
4x: "NTSC-J - Final Fantasy X International - 3866CA7E" have the 16:10 mode set.
Tomb Raider Legend & Anniversary (PAL) is for 16:10 only; see comment in the patches.
Nice one with the compilation devina40 Smile

Let me know if you want a link to it in the OP

(12-02-2012, 04:39 AM)pgert Wrote: @devina40:
You should check each patch individually to see if the 16:9 or 16:10 mode is set.
4x: "NTSC-J - Final Fantasy X International - 3866CA7E" have the 16:10 mode set.
Tomb Raider Legend & Anniversary (PAL) is for 16:10 only; see comment in the patches.

If the user can't check that for themselves, then there's no hope for them Tongue
(12-02-2012, 04:39 AM)pgert Wrote: @devina40:

What Asmodean said (thanks for the link).

When making the compilation, I tried to give priority to 16:9 over 16:10, with the exception of Xenosaga and Tomb Raider, which only have stable 16:10 patches at the moment.

If anyone wants to convert patches between regions, that would be lovely. NTSC-U patches for Devil May Cry 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2 would be appreciated. Happy
After I wrote the post, I said I may aswell just go add the link to the OP anyway, seeing as it would kind of defeat the purpose of it, if people had to go 1000 posts to find the archive Tongue
(12-01-2012, 08:02 AM)devina40 Wrote: Here's the current collection of widescreen patches.

CURRENT VERSION: Four (December 1st, 2012)

~ Changelog~
* With version 4, I added about 10 patches I forgot while going through the thread.

~ Current count ~
NTSC-J = 61 items
NTSC-U = 218 items
PAL = 98 items

Total items = 377!
Can you tell me how to use the patch files exactly? I have tried tekken5 and MKA patches. Both didnt work. I think i'm doing something wrong. I placed them in cheats folder and started pcsx2 normally. Am i doing right?
Ensure you've enabled cheats.

Do this by clicking 'System' on PCSX2s' dialog window, then scroll down and make sure 'Enabled Cheats' is ticked.

Also, ensure that the region of the game you want to have patched is the same region that the patch is for, Eg: PAL, NTSC etc.

You can enable pcsx2's console window, and check if the patches are loading.
(12-03-2012, 12:18 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Ensure you've enabled cheats.

Do this by clicking 'System' on PCSX2s' dialog window, then scroll down and make sure 'Enabled Cheats' is ticked.

Also, ensure that the region of the game you want to have patched is the same region that the patch is for, Eg: PAL, NTSC etc.

You can enable pcsx2's console window, and check if the patches are loading.

Ok the cheats are loaded, but the patch is not getting applied. It still looks the same. I have to do the widescreen setting manually everytime i open MKA from in-game settings. Then it appears nicer. But i have to do this everytime i open the game :

Cheats found!
comment: Mortal Kombat - Armageddon (U) (SLUS-21410) Widescreen Hack (16:9) by ElHecht
Cheats Loaded: 1

Tekken5 cheat is also loaded.. But it's not patched. It still looks the same

Cheats found!
comment: Tekken 5 Widescreen Ver- (16:9) (NTSC-U) (pavachan)
Cheats Loaded: 1

And i'm using both NTSC game versions and NTSC patches
I'm using Pcsx2-r5432