PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Not really a request for a patch, but does anyone know of how to patch the game fixes for ELF modded games(Wild arms 5)?

I saw a post a while ago that explained a way to do it, but the problem is that i cannot find it anymore.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
HIS Radeon 7950 IceQ
16 GB (2x8GB) Teamgroup DDR4 3200 RAM
Antec HCP 750w Platinum PSU
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC Motherboard
1x Muskin 512GB SSD
1x PNY 256GB SSD
2x 4TB HGST HDD

Sponsored links

The filename (CRC) for Bloody Roar 4 NTSC-U is wrong in the archive.

It's CAF6F222.pnach
should be: C9F6F222.pnach
Just fixed that in version 41.
Well, since I'm limited to only 2 requests I'd like to request Baroque and The Mark of Kri both US please & thanks.
(03-06-2013, 11:10 AM)devina40 Wrote: Keep in mind though, that there's various versions of Silent Hill 2, including Greatest Hits and Director's Cut.
If you provided the original values for the FMV hack, I could probably port it over to the Greatest Hits version (which has a CRC of FE06A030).

I've attached the ELF for my version as well as the ELF for the PAL version which Nemesis2000 has created an FMV fix for.
The FMV handling code is very different between the two but by cross-referencing the two hacks with their respective ELFs in ps2dis you should be able to generate hacks for other versions.

(03-06-2013, 11:10 AM)devina40 Wrote: If you know how to make FMV fixes, think it could be possible for other games?

I've managed to create a few FMV fixes thanks to some experimentation and reverse-engineering of some old Sony code I tracked down on Google but I'm not exactly an expert and my PS2 game collection isn't huge so the number of games I can really work on is limited. Once I finish up some of the tools I'm currently developing for the PS2 community I might take a look at a few more games or look into implementing some automated analysis to help find hacks faster but currently my time is pretty well booked.

Attached Files
.zip   elfs.zip (Size: 2,32 MB / Downloads: 374)
(03-14-2013, 07:55 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: I've attached the ELF for my version as well as the ELF for the PAL version which Nemesis2000 has created an FMV fix for.
The FMV handling code is very different between the two but by cross-referencing the two hacks with their respective ELFs in ps2dis you should be able to generate hacks for other versions.

I've managed to create a few FMV fixes thanks to some experimentation and reverse-engineering of some old Sony code I tracked down on Google but I'm not exactly an expert and my PS2 game collection isn't huge so the number of games I can really work on is limited. Once I finish up some of the tools I'm currently developing for the PS2 community I might take a look at a few more games or look into implementing some automated analysis to help find hacks faster but currently my time is pretty well booked.

I'm not really an expert at ps2dis, but I think I kind of get it now.
I'm still kinda trying to wrap my head around how everything works.

I managed to find the alternate horizontal aspect ratio using the European data for the American Greatest Hits version, but that's kind of useless, since we already found it.
Then I tried porting the render fix, but it didn't seem to do anything either.

Then I searched for the FMV values, but the European values don't seem to correspond with the American ones.
So I'm assuming the "8E8E384B" would be more compatible with the "FE06A030", and I'm going to see if I can port the FMV hack over to it.

For reference:

NTSC-U:

8E8E384B - Original
FE06A030 - Greatest Hits

PAL:

6B149273 - Original
6BBD4932 - Director's Cut

At the end of the day, I just want all versions with correct widescreen, FMV fixes and render fixes.
Hey Devina40, can you add The Punisher NTSC-U to requests? Awesome game that deserves a patch Smile
So no one's been able to get a widescreen patch for the SMT: Raidou games? That's a shame.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Zone of the Enders SLUS_201.48

I did not make this.

Attached Files
.pnach   8CB179A6.pnach (Size: 114 bytes / Downloads: 288)
*shameless self-promotion*

These hacks motivated me to add PNACH support to the PS2 - PNACHs can now be used directly on the real console.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2rdmod...ost1046104

*/shameless self-promotion*