PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(06-02-2014, 12:08 AM)devina40 Wrote: Vanilla or FES version?
What's the game CRC? Try renaming the CRC to it.

Hi sorry to waste your time it was Fez undub it seems i needed to Rename the file to the same CRC and i needed to up the resolution in the plugins everything is working now it seems

Sponsored links

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum yesterday.

I also have ported Elhecht's Sly 1 and 2 widescreen codes.

Sly Cooper (NTSC) (SCUS-97198)

.pnach   C77AF2CA.pnach (Size: 657 bytes / Downloads: 1.102)

Sly 2 - Band of Theives (NTSC) (SCUS-97136)

.pnach   07652DD9.pnach (Size: 787 bytes / Downloads: 1.328)
(06-02-2014, 02:33 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: Hi everyone, I just joined the forum yesterday.

I also have ported Elhecht's Sly 1 and 2 widescreen codes.

Sly Cooper (NTSC) (SCUS-97198)

Sly 2 - Band of Theives (NTSC) (SCUS-97136)

Thanks SO much! Biggrin
Now we have a fully working widescreen Sly trilogy on PC!
Annnnd bad news.

Sly Cooper still freezes at the gate with the key.
You get the key, but the gate doesn't recognize it and you're still locked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...aB80#t=318

Can you take another look, ElHecht?
That thing with Sly Cooper makes me think that it overrides a breakpoint or something. You may need to inject ASM code to bypass this issue.
(06-02-2014, 08:08 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: That thing with Sly Cooper makes me think that it overrides a breakpoint or something. You may need to inject ASM code to bypass this issue.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3985/t13...-problems/

I honestly think the game just doesn't like cheats or .pnaches.

So when you get the key, the game recognizes that you have "0" keys in your inventory and then it AUTOSAVES at that moment, making it impossible to continue.
I've actually read this topic but I'm still not convinced. Halfly because I think most of those people don't know how how those mechanics work and I bet the rest are not able to understand what happens exactly, let alone the post about asking devs about the issue...
Open the addresses on a debuger and see what happens, what accesses those addresses and what writes to them, I bet you can fix that but since I don't have the game I can't narrow it down, but that's not importantly sure since I won't call myself any "advanced" guy, that would be laughable, but still I think I came across simmilar situations on pretty lots of games and atleast I understood what are the "mines" that trigger such situations. So my suspicion is that something is nop'ed where it shouldn't, something is not stored (or read) as a 4-byte value is a pretty common case for example (which I doubt is the case but you get the picture).

EDIT: For example, there is an address on Kingdom Hearts 2 that consists of 4 bytes. The last 3 modify the height of the models and the first byte the alpha channel of the textures, so if you edit that thing as a whole you will most of the times end up with a black screen. So in this case possibly, an effect or something accesses just a part of this address to apply a fullscreen effect to the screen just the moment you get it and since it's static the game thinks you haven't acquired the key just some miliseconds after you get it. You could try editing those values non-staticly as a first move, and don't patch those addresses in the ELF range 001XXXXX-008XXXXX that are equal to static patching anyway.
(05-08-2014, 05:56 PM)arapapa Wrote: PAL

The Godfather

-----------------
It has a different Y-fov value then NTSC-U

Hi arapapa,

somebody encountered that the patch for The Godfather game causes
one bug in the customization screen of the character.
I tested it also in the real PS2 and happens the same.

At the start of the game in the customization screen where you can
customize the face of your character, the graphic body of the character
appears in deformed very big size and do not shows the face, which is
out of the screen, then you can't see the customization, here is one
picture of the problem:

[Image: DSC07332_zps90014e6b.jpg]

You can take a look for fix that?

Kind regards.
(06-02-2014, 09:37 AM)devina40 Wrote: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3985/t13...-problems/

I honestly think the game just doesn't like cheats or .pnaches.
nope, it's just quantity vs quality problem

Quote:gametitle=Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (SCUS-97198)

patch=1,EE,001436b0,word,3c013fdd
patch=1,EE,001436b4,word,3421a51d

----------------------------------------------------------------

gametitle=Sly 2: Band of Thieves (SCUS-97316)

patch=1,EE,0014d750,word,3c013fdd
patch=1,EE,0014d754,word,3421a51d
I have ported flameofrecca's Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of cortex widescreen code for NTSC V1.1.

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex (NTSC) (SLUS-20238) (Version 1.1)

.pnach   103B5706.pnach (Size: 291 bytes / Downloads: 576)

Also, nice work nemesis. However, your Sly 1 code still breaks the 2nd mission.