PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(06-02-2014, 06:32 AM)devina40 Wrote: Annnnd bad news.

Sly Cooper still freezes at the gate with the key.
You get the key, but the gate doesn't recognize it and you're still locked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...aB80#t=318

Can you take another look, ElHecht?

i did 3 test runs :

1. without dying - gate opens
2. died 1 time - gate didn't open
3. died 1 time - gate opens

thats wired, i may take a look on this in the evening

just a quick note : if you don't use a delay for loading the patch codes (thats what i do in the first line of the patch) you will have the jump/grab issue

Sponsored links

While adjusting the Sly 1 patch for 48:10 (AMD Eyefinity / Nvidia Surround), I discovered something interesting.

This game apparently treats the camera as a physical object. Increasing the aspect ratio also increases the physical size of the camera. Go large enough, and the camera can't actually can't fit through doors anymore! The effect is fun to watch; Sly runs through a door and the camera gets stuck in-place, watching him run away into the distance...

If Sly gets far enough away from the stuck camera, it will eventually "pop through" the doorway and no-clip to his current position.

I'm wondering if this is what's causing missions to break with 16:9 enabled. It's not enough difference to cause the camera to get stuck anywhere... but what if the camera is expected to be at a specific set of coordinates in order to pass the gate sequence and set the necessary flags to continue? The new physical size could break such an internal check.
(06-03-2014, 08:44 AM)ElHecht Wrote: just a quick note : if you don't use a delay for loading the patch codes (thats what i do in the first line of the patch) you will have the jump/grab issue
the problem exists even on a real console with hex edited elf file, so it's not a delay problem
Good luck with Sly Cooper.

On another note, Despicable Me doesn't have widescreen, which is disappointing since it was released at the end of the PS2's life cycle. FOV address is 20680A50. It needs a render fix and the HUD for cutscenes is really... weird. Could use a black bar fix of sorts.

(06-03-2014, 10:30 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: the problem exists even on a real console with hex edited elf file, so it's not a delay problem

Sure, because the game knows that you modified the elf file. A comparison of the hash from the game's elf file with the hash the game expects - so simple, so effective. There is no difference if you hex-edit the game's elf or use a pnach file which modifies values at boot - the game will notice a modification.
Looks like they included an anti-cheat mechanic like gameguard.

My idea is letting the elf untouched when it's loaded into the memory, so the game can run its anti-cheat checks and after that we can start modifying the elf/memory. This works and doesn't break the jump/grab action in the second level.
Untill a better solution can be found, I have a new patch that works for the time being.

Sly Cooper (NTSC) (SLUS-97198)

.pnach   C77AF2CA.pnach (Size: 3,42 KB / Downloads: 754)

It may be freakishly huge and inefficient, but it works! Laugh
(06-03-2014, 04:22 PM)devina40 Wrote: Good luck with Sly Cooper.

On another note, Despicable Me doesn't have widescreen, which is disappointing since it was released at the end of the PS2's life cycle. FOV address is 20680A50. It needs a render fix and the HUD for cutscenes is really... weird. Could use a black bar fix of sorts.
Looks like an overlay consisting of the black bars and a dark semi-transparent overlay in the middle. Cheap photoshop job. Not that if you remove it, it will technicaly make the game look lighter.
(06-03-2014, 05:11 PM)ElHecht Wrote: ...
Looks like they included an anti-cheat mechanic like gameguard.
Actually I tried the game on a friend and I think I know now what it is and you are pretty close to that...
It's an antipiracy mechanism to glitch the game in random ways that will frustrate the person with that version of the game.
It affects only some crucial ranges of the game's the executable, not related to stuff you get like lifes etc.
Good luck trying to patch it! Tongue2
I guess i found the address which is responsible for keeping the gate shut.

For the PAL version it is 2027F3A4 and the value is set to 00000001 when the gate won't open. Just set it to 00000000 and it will open.

I've put it in the pnach file combined with a condition, so everytime the game sets the value to 00000001 it will be patched to 00000000.
It will be easy to find the address for the NTSC version, i bet it's in the same address-range as the PAL version.

Sly Raccoon (PAL-M5) (SCES-50917)
.pnach   DA3DD765.pnach (Size: 802 bytes / Downloads: 536)
(06-04-2014, 02:19 AM)ElHecht Wrote: I guess i found the address which is responsible for keeping the gate shut.

For the PAL version it is 2027F3A4 and the value is set to 00000001 when the gate won't open. Just set it to 00000000 and it will open.

I've put it in the pnach file combined with a condition, so everytime the game sets the value to 00000001 it will be patched to 00000000.
It will be easy to find the address for the NTSC version, i bet it's in the same address-range as the PAL version.

Sly Raccoon (PAL-M5) (SCES-50917)

Like I said before, it's not the gate, it's the key which is moreso the issue.

It works though! Smile

I ported it to NTSC-U (in the archive now).

I'm going to do a full playthrough of the game soon. We should probably test it for any game-breaking bugs.
More pnatches which i made:

Def Jam Vendetta (PAL)

MotoGP 07 (PAL)

MotoGP 08 (PAL)

Nightshade (PAL)

Onimusha: Blade Warriors (PAL)

Super-Bikes: Riding Challenge (PAL)

I would like request this games please:

Super Pickups (PAL SLES_548.18)
Evolution GT (PAL SLES_539.76)
V-Rally 3 (PAL SLES_507.25)

Best regards.

Attached Files
.rar   El_PatasWidePS2.rar (Size: 2,09 KB / Downloads: 256)