PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Converted the 60fps patch for NTSC-J version of Ico

Attached Files
.pnach   B01A4C95.pnach (Size: 64 bytes / Downloads: 1.113)

Sponsored links

(11-02-2016, 09:56 AM)synce Wrote: Ah that's a shame. Well I think there's some merit to the slow motion method that was posted on ngemu. I searched for Ico slow motion codes and found one for the US version. What's interesting is that when enabling it in PCSX2 the game simply runs at 60fps, no slowmo and no additional tweaking required. So PCSX2 can now officially run Ico and SOTC better than the PS3 remaster Laugh

I attached a pnach with 60fps for NTSC-U version. I haven't tested it beyond the first area and won't have time to, but if anyone feels like trying it, feel free to report any bugs

Thanks, but what's the code for SotC?
(11-04-2016, 05:26 PM)nachash Wrote: Thanks, but what's the code for SotC?

SOTC has an uncapped framerate, so if you just leave the EE/VU sliders at default values then the game should run at 60fps if your PC is powerful enough, although I think it's more consistent if you set EE to 1 or 2
(11-04-2016, 05:41 PM)synce Wrote: SOTC has an uncapped framerate, so if you just leave the EE/VU sliders at default values then the game should run at 60fps if your PC is powerful enough, although I think it's more consistent if you set EE to 1 or 2

Oh, ok. Thanks again
Attached a 60fps patch for Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (NTSC-J)

I converted it from this code for Subsistence (NTSC-U):

Code:
patch=1,EE,001D5AD8,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,001D6DB8,extended,00000001
patch=1,EE,001D6DBC,extended,00000000

Fortunately MGS2 already runs in 60fps without any cheats, and IMO is already superior to PS3 version since they cropped that one to get widescreen.

If MGS3's post processing ever gets fixed in PCSX2 it'll also be the definitive version Tongue

Attached Files
.pnach   0481AD8A.pnach (Size: 187 bytes / Downloads: 2.381)
(11-04-2016, 09:30 PM)synce Wrote: and IMO is already superior to PS3 version since they cropped that one to get widescreen
superior lol. postprocessing issues, empty spaces, no option for cutscenes rendering and etc
P.S. and HD version cropped only in places where you can see empty spaces
[Image: mgs2_ps2_vs_ps3_vs_pc_by_dpmm07-d3hws4o.png]

(11-04-2016, 09:30 PM)synce Wrote: If MGS3's post processing ever gets fixed in PCSX2 it'll also be the definitive version Tongue
sure it will  Laugh
[Image: mgs3.png]
(10-23-2016, 11:52 AM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-U

Disney's Kim Possible - What's the Switch (request done)
Thanks a lot for that arapapa!!!

(11-02-2016, 08:16 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: So you ended up with these for the values of the pnach patch? (you said .cht, but same same right, if it works as pnach, then same same)
Yes, with the alternative mastercode, it fully works now!

Now, new request:

For the Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence: Disc 2 Persistence (SLUS_212.43), a widescreen code also for "Snake Vs. Monkey" game, since the current code (patch=1,EE,2026D1DC,extended,3F400000) patches the "Online Mode" only.
(11-05-2016, 07:39 PM)destinydoom Wrote: Yes, with the alternative mastercode, it fully works now!

"mastercode_finder_211" on the .ELF file from the Crimson Sea 2 game, (its already in raw), then the .pnach values for "pnach_converter" converted to raw ............... add them all together and pnach will not apply the value from mastercode, since I guess its only for ps2rd's cheat engine .................. really appreciate the advice but have no intentions of using ps24d, since Codebreaker doesn't have the compatibility issues with OPL I keep reading about, plus, its no biggie I was really curious to try an alternative solution after seeing Resident Evil Outbreak 1 + 2's widescreen patches work just by using the hex value from the other site, because .pnach patcher totally does not apply them right for the ps2 fat console. (Managed to get UNLIMITED SAGA's pal widescreen patched game, since only a Pal patch is available in the archive, in NTSC format using vfix and GSM's video mode switcher on Open PS2 Loader, so I won't even bother requesting that game, but if someone eventually gets to it, I'll update the game on my ps2 hdd no problem).
(11-04-2016, 05:41 PM)synce Wrote: SOTC has an uncapped framerate, so if you just leave the EE/VU sliders at default values then the game should run at 60fps if your PC is powerful enough, although I think it's more consistent if you set EE to 1 or 2

EE overclocking is needed for 60fps. Otherwise it runs internally at 30fps most of the time. The problem is that there is no CPU in the world that can run it at 60fps. Mine (i5 [email protected]) gets around 30-35fps with EE overclock, when I'm aggainst some colossus. In 10 years it may be possible.

The fps comparison video was done with the internal PCSX2 recorder, that's why it ran at fullspeed.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(11-06-2016, 04:13 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: "mastercode_finder_211" on the .ELF file from the Crimson Sea 2 game, (its already in raw), then the .pnach values for "pnach_converter" converted to raw ............... add them all together and pnach will not apply the value from mastercode, since I guess its only for ps2rd's cheat engine .................. really appreciate the advice but have no intentions of using ps24d, since Codebreaker doesn't have the compatibility issues with OPL I keep reading about, plus, its no biggie I was really curious to try an alternative solution after seeing Resident Evil Outbreak 1 + 2's widescreen patches work just by using the hex value from the other site, because .pnach patcher totally does not apply them right for the ps2 fat console.  (Managed to get UNLIMITED SAGA's pal widescreen patched game, since only a Pal patch is available in the archive, in NTSC format using vfix and GSM's video mode switcher on Open PS2 Loader, so I won't even bother requesting that game, but if someone eventually gets to it, I'll update the game on my ps2 hdd no problem).

1. AFAIK, these issues only existed in early OPL+PS2RD revs, it's not true anymore. Use last OPL stable release (0.9.3).
2. Why don't you just apply the *.pnach to your *.iso, using PS2 Patch Engine ? http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-patc...ne-117652/ Does not hurt, since WS is supposed to be always enabled (thks again to pelvicthrustman for these great tools he provided).