PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(02-18-2018, 01:36 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: next time add more caps bro  Laugh

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...#pid297258

I'm sorry for the caps I used the translator on the cell phone and thanks a lot for your tip it worked perfectly thank you very much my friend

My greetings

Sponsored links

I think DEVINA forgot to update the PS2 WIDESCREEN ARCHIVE... Sad
I imagine it's still being worked on. There's no rush anyways, it will most likely coincide with the 1.6 release eventually.

There's new patches being added constantly Wink
I need some more time with the archive. I've been busy with life, plus there's been a lot of recent patches. I'm just about done, tho.

Any idea when 1.6.0 will release?

Also, since everyone here has been kind to me here, I should tell everyone that I won't be archiving patches *solely* devoted to hunting games. For example, while Persona 4 has a fishing minigame, I'm not going to delete its patch since it's a small focus of the game, and optional. My decision probably affects less than 0.1 percent of the PS2 library. I have strong feelings when it comes to animal welfare, and to me, the thought of killing deer, fish, ducks, etc, is not that different from killing dogs or cats. I do not wish to support such games. Even if it's all virtual, the thought of such games having place in the archive bothers me too much. If you really wish to find widescreen patches for hunting games, you can search for it using the search feature. Please understand and thank you for those who do.

In other news, I tried to make a zoom fix for Persona 3 cutscenes using Nemesis' Persona 4 zoom fix. Since Persona 3 is a popular game, if we could get it done before an update, it would be great. The point of this is to hide the moonwalkers, as there's some of them in P3 too.

Before:

After:

Quote://zoom fix
patch=1,EE,003bb94c,word,0c132e4c
patch=1,EE,003bb950,word,0220202d
patch=1,EE,003bb954,word,0220202d
patch=1,EE,003bb958,word,0200282d
patch=1,EE,003bb95c,word,0000302d
patch=1,EE,003bb960,word,0c132dfc
patch=1,EE,003bb964,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,003bb968,word,0c130e20
patch=1,EE,003bb96c,word,0200202d
patch=1,EE,003bb970,word,0240202d
patch=1,EE,003bb974,word,3c013fa1 // 80=hor+, a1=moonwalk fix, aa=vert-
patch=1,EE,003bb978,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,003bb97c,word,c66c0100
patch=1,EE,003bb980,word,0c069160
patch=1,EE,003bb984,word,46006303

The "003bb974" address is correct, but I'm not sure if everything else is. Unfortunately,  the game freezes after the cutscene when you enter your bedroom. If anyone could help with this, that'd be great.
If the patches are posted by other users I suggest you add them. You can't just cherry pick patches based off your own personal taste. It's a community project and other people will need to use those patches as well.

Otherwise it will stay as an unofficial archive.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(02-21-2018, 07:28 AM)lightningterror Wrote: If the patches are posted by other users I suggest you add them. You can't just cherry pick patches based off your own personal taste. It's a community project and other people will need to use those patches as well.

Nothing is stopping us from adding those patches to the PCSX2 archive.

Personally I don't see the point of excluding these patches. It won't stop anyone from playing these games, and there are other morally questionable games out there that are probably already in the archive.
(02-21-2018, 07:28 AM)lightningterror Wrote: If the patches are posted by other users I suggest you add them. You can't just cherry pick patches based off your own personal taste. It's a community project and other people will need to use those patches as well.

I have the right and don't mind if my archive is considered "unofficial". The patches are a community project, but the archive is my own doing and volunteer work which I am not obligated to do, it's just something nice I do in my spare time. I could've left and stopped when the archive had 1000 or 2000 patches, but I didn't and now there's over 3000. There's no need to make a fuss about like 3 games being excluded from the archive, and I won't cherry pick any further than hunting games.

A lot of the work maintaining this archive has been extremely grueling and exhausting, and I don't like "slaving" for the archive, or being told "I must do this". If you respect me and my work on the archive, then please respect my free will and decision to exclude literally only like 3 games that go against my morals. If you were in my position, imagine if people wanted you to archive a game devoted to "raping and killing women" or "killing babies" or "torturing elderly people". I'm sure you would feel conflicted.

To me, "Deer killing simulator" is like "Cat killing simulator" or "Dog killing simulator". Some games are better left forgotten in the past. I think hunting games are reprehensible because they take it to another level where you go around torturing and killing innocent defenseless animals. They promote hunting and teach people you can abuse animals and that we, as humans, have the right to make them suffer and take their lives. I feel it is important to stand up for my beliefs instead of contribute to such attitudes.
Here's the official PCSX2 animal hunting widescreen archive. Tongue  

.zip   hunting_cheats_ws.zip (Size: 9,94 KB / Downloads: 407)

Unlike the normal archive, no patches of games depicting rape, paedophilia or murder(=killing humans) should be included here. Tongue2
(02-21-2018, 07:23 PM)Devina Wrote: To me, "Deer killing simulator" is like "Cat killing simulator" or "Dog killing simulator". Some games are better left forgotten in the past. I think hunting games are reprehensible because they take it to another level where you go around torturing and killing innocent defenseless animals. They promote hunting and teach people you can abuse animals and that we, as humans, have the right to make them suffer and take their lives. I feel it is important to stand up for my beliefs instead of contribute to such attitudes.
according to this logic GTA, Manhunt and other games should be deleted from archive
I'm going to delete the current fishing/hunting games in my archive now that there's a separate one.

And if I avoided every "mass killing people" game, then there'd be hundreds of games at potential removal. The difference is that hunting and killing animals is legal in many places, while killing people is (assuming you live in a decent place) illegal and a crime.