PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-10-2018, 04:00 PM)dcx6723 Wrote: Request
Sonic Gems Collection (NTSC-J) (PAL patch exist)

The widescreen archive's pre-existing PAL pnach (which was developed by Esppiral) works as-is with the NTSC-J version of the game. I've attached a renamed version of it to this post.

Pnach:
Sonic Gems collection (ntsc-j)(SLPM-66074)
.pnach   E0068D0A.pnach (Size: 193 bytes / Downloads: 399)

Notes:
  • The aforementioned pnach only affects Sonic The Fighters.
  • Esppiral posted his WIP PAL Sonic R widescreen hacks in reply #5.545.
  • gamemasterplc linked to some PAL Sonic R widescreen hacks he developed in reply #5.591. The hacks are available on his website's Sonic Gems Collection (PAL) page.
  • I'll try to release finalized versions of the Sonic Gems Collection widescreen hacks I mentioned in reply #5.979 within the next few weeks. They're pretty much finalized by now. Mainly focuses on Sonic R.

Sponsored links

Hey, just a heads up that the Katamari Damacy NTSC-U patch has an issue where the tutorial (and perhaps other cutscenes?) are cut-off at the bottom, eclipsing some text. Some sort of adjustment that keeps the entire FMV/image unstretched (or properly stretched) would be awesome!

There's a screenshot attachment below to show the issue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi everyone! So i've been into Persona 4 lately and wanted to replay the original PS2 release but with the widescreen hack this time. Truth is that i really don't like using any kind of emulator and prefer a real console over it, so i thought, why not use my Super Slim PS3 which i have jailbroken especially for widescreen hacks when playing PS2 games since it also does a good job in upscaling the games in HD resolution which makes them look a lot better, at least to me. So i grabbed my copy of the game, patched the iso with the pnach file provided here and started playing the game on PS3. While there wasn't really any errors or bugs, i was suprised how good the game ran and looked in widescreen mode, the thing is that i have some problems with the screen centering position and black bars that can't be adjusted on the console's built-in emulator. So if someone out here who knows a little bit about how the pnach files work with the PS3 emulator and all that screen positioning stuff, could someone lend me a hand please in making the screen full, without leaving those black bars on top and bottom making the screen look a bit stretched when it shouldn't be? It feels like the top 5% and the bottom 10% of the screen are taken by black bars which make the game feel stretched.

By the way, i'm using the NTSC copy of Persona 4, and the correspoding latest version of the pnach file provided here.

Thanks in advance.
Widescreen patch for Crazy Taxi NTSC-U. Includes fixes for HUD timer, gearshift, rider destination image, and most fonts.

Attached Files
.pnach   F00293CA.pnach (Size: 3,72 KB / Downloads: 345)
Tried the new Capcom vs SNK 2 widescreen patches but the result is screen are stretched to the right (Tried both in PCSX2 and real PS2 using OPL)

Can it be fixed?
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
@BloodRaynare reboot the game with fast boot after booting once if using PCSX2. otherwise try applying the pnach to the ELF using PS2 patch engine. The patch is expected to be applied at boot to change some initialization of the framebuffer.
Hey, i'm new to the website, and I was just wondering if I could possibly get a widescreen patch for Bloody Roar 3 for PCSX2? 'cause the game looks weird stretched with the options i'm given with the emulator. I don't know if I'm doin' this right tho lol. I'm from the United States.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello. How can I convert a patch from one version of a game to another? Should the guide for "How to convert .pnachs to other regions" work?

I tried it, but I'm stuck on step 3. I'm trying to convert the widescreen code for NHL Hitz 2002 from version 1.01 (CRC E2CC1613) to 2.00 (CRC B0B73F49). This is the pnach for E2CC1613:

patch=1,EE,204dc0a8,word,3F248B44
patch=1,EE,2071fc18,word,3F2AE148

I'm loading the file SLUS_201.40 for version 1.01 (which the code definitely works on), and hitting "g" to go to address 204dc0a8. The problem is that there is no value even remotely close to this address that isn't 00000000. In fact, the background for that value is white, whereas it's light blue for all the addresses with values. I believe this means the address is out of range.

I can't figure out what's going wrong here. When I go through the same process for other games, I can find the address and it makes sense. I'd really appreciate a quick point in the right direction. Thanks!
hi, is there a widescreen patch for over the hedge? thanks
If my porting guide doesn't work, then you'll likely need cheat engine.

First, run version 1.01 in PCSX2 but without the widescreen patch. Find the original values of 204dc0a8 and 2071fc18 (they should also start with 3F-something) and keep a note of them.

Then run version 2.00 in PCSX2 and search for the new 2 addresses using those original values. Make a save state, and change what you can find in Cheat Engine to the new values (which are 3F248B44 and 3F2AE148), looking for any changes in the FOV. I'm not sure why there's two addresses. Maybe one's a zoom value and one's an y-value axis. Maybe one's an x-value and the other is an HUD narrower.

This method should let you make the widescreen hack.

There's a patch for Bloody Roar 3 in my archive, and chances are, it's not going to affect 2D elements like the title screen. Most patches affect 3D parts only.

As for Over the Hedge, I tried. There's an optional HUD fix, but I think it looks better with the HUD stretched into the corners. This is for the NTSC-U version.

CRC = E328D848

Quote:gametitle=DreamWorks Over the Hedge (NTSC-U)
comment=Widescreen Hack

//patch=1,EE,215086B0,extended,3F400000 //3F800000 hud
patch=1,EE,2151FDE8,extended,3FDF92C6 //3FA7AE14 fov (seems to become undone if dying in-game, hence next 3 addresses)

patch=1,EE,2151D1FC,extended,3FDF92C6 //3FA7AE14 fov ?
patch=1,EE,2151D2BC,extended,3FDF92C6 //3FA7AE14 fov ?
patch=1,EE,2151FA28,extended,3FDF92C6 //3FA7AE14 fov ?

The game is a bit weird since if you die, the fov address seems to switch from 2151FDE8 to 2151FA28.
The patch could use further testing in later levels, since I hope the fov remains constant through the whole game.
If not, then we may need to do the entire game level by level.

EDIT: Some bad news about this game, continued with my post on the next page.