PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(Unlimited Saga NTSC widescreen patch, doesn't work on ps2 or ps3, on the ps3 it just shows a grey box to the left side of screen, render error, and the right side is untouched, where as it should shrink)

Also of note, Chrono Cross on ps3 does play smoother then on the raspberry pi 4, its noticeable. the ps vita/pstv had trouble playing that game smooth. same thing for chocobo racing on the ps3, it does play smoother then the ps vita and raspberry pi 4.

Thats not true for every ps1 game. Alundra 1, is a good example of that. "parasite eve 2" was another troublesome game, work good on ps3. the other ones were the rhythm games. the ps3 isn't a complete ps1 replacement just a few games work better there.

speaking of unlimited saga's widescreen patch not working on anything except the pc emulator, has anyone tried black bar insertion for the "pre-rendered background games" just a thought.

I wouldn't encourage buying the ps2 or ps3, if you have a good computer, but if your a fan, took me a while to test out ps2 on ps3, but its worth it, it almost makes the games look like they were made on the xbox1, which had a better visual display, not better, but more vibrant color in the games.

(the original xbox did have some licensed software from sony corporation in it too, so it goes to show......................what a discouragement the PS5 is without backwards compatibility, for multiple systems)
which, "romancing saga" widescreen works fine, but the game is very poor, lack of direction, aimless, no originality, and over time, you can see that in the snes adaptations of romancing saga 2 and 3, remastered versions. almost the same name but "radiata stories" seemed to be the better clone. (i installed romancing saga only to fell better about deleting it, tested it, but in no way would actually play it).

EDIT

removed "radiata stories", will probably reinstall romancing saga.

have one more ps3 hdd, so, i'll try to test a few more games, the official compatibility list is sound, if your installing from a package for han/hen, or for han a pkg file on cfw...........then you should get better performance as long as you don't use "iso+loaders"

it takes more work to sit there for half an hour and build a package file, following a guide, but how much time is spend with needless game errors?

Sponsored links

(07-02-2020, 10:14 AM)monsterjamp Wrote: I made a better widescreen patch for Spy Hunter. I made it a while ago but kept forgetting to post it. This patch takes advantage of an in-game function. My last patch was hacky and would cause some visual glitches. I wish I posted this before PCSX2 1.6 was released.

Thank you for this. Smile It also fixed the camera FOV constantly trying to change back when the 60 FPS code was also applied. Though the vehicle in the weapons preview looks a bit larger than it should...

I have changed the address on this to work on the JP release of SpyHunter, SLPM-65090.

Attached Files
.pnach   70976AE8.pnach (Size: 140 bytes / Downloads: 142)
(Onimusha Warlords, with controller remapper, (d-pad to left joystick), works on ps3 (just patching the "pnach codes to the iso, from pnach patcher" .......... on the ps2 it required a mastercode and "open ps2 loader" in order to work)

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, widescreen and controller patched (r.joystick...up and down switch)........works fine, on the ps2, controller patches didn't work for the game.

USA version of game has those "interlacing ripples in the menu and on title screens/chapter screens"
playable on ps3, and does look better in game then the ps2

Japan/Asia Version, the backgrounds flicker in color blurr, like what is reported for pcsx ps2 emulator, i think, you can't see game title or chapter screens. The text and menu items, items and swords and stuff display fine without "interlacing ripples".

PAL Version, is "50/60", but it doesn't boot up.
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, stated above, is know graphic issues with the menu, in game. using the, "de-interlacing patch", i think it did make the lifebar fuzzy in game on the usa version, didn't test the rest......................the ps3 fix "config file", does the same thing the pc emulator version patch does removing those color blocks from the menu screen when you select different things on there.
Controller Remapper, haven't found any other games that did not work with straight patching on the ps2 that worked for ps3...............Armored Core 2, didn't work...............
kept forgetting to mention on "rumble racing 2" widescreen patch, the zoomed out view, zooms out too far with the patch, its like having widescreen when you zoom out the view.
Wink 
anyone have a Tekken Tag tournament SLPS-20015 [40DA9BB8] widescreen code?

Literally. Not like (SLPS-20015)[06979F19]. This is (SLPS-20015)[40DA9BB8]. I don't know if the codes are different, but is there anyone who can make this code for? Please.  Happy
Does anyone have a widescreen fix for Vice City SLES-51061 (1.50)?
I tried converting it over from SLUS-20552 (1.40) but all it does is just zoom it in.
(08-04-2020, 04:34 PM)Riiaz Wrote: Does anyone have a widescreen fix for Vice City SLES-51061 (1.50)?
I tried converting it over from SLUS-20552 (1.40) but all it does is just zoom it in.

I managed to get it working by changing:
Code:
patch=1,EE,001325CC,word,E78C86F8
to:
Code:
patch=1,EE,001325CC,word,E78C87F8
And obviously putting in the correct addresses.
Haven't fully tested it, but i don't see why it wouldn't work the same as the other patches.

Attached Files
.pnach   C498A04F.pnach (Size: 429 bytes / Downloads: 143)
(08-01-2020, 04:28 AM)highwaymaina Wrote: anyone have a Tekken Tag tournament SLPS-20015 [40DA9BB8] widescreen code?

Literally. Not like (SLPS-20015)[06979F19]. This is (SLPS-20015)[40DA9BB8]. I don't know if the codes are different, but is there anyone who can make this code for? Please.  Happy

It's the wide code of the product (SLPS-20015)[06979F19].

patch=1,EE,0034b004,word,3C013F40
patch=1,EE,0034b008,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,0034b010,word,4600C602

This code doesn't work. If you have the correct code(SLPS-20015)[40DA9BB8] pleaseUnsure It's because the code[06979F19] is not working.
(08-05-2020, 02:11 AM)highwaymaina Wrote: It's the wide code of the product (SLPS-20015)[06979F19].

patch=1,EE,0034b004,word,3C013F40
patch=1,EE,0034b008,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,0034b010,word,4600C602

This code doesn't work. If you have the correct code(SLPS-20015)[40DA9BB8] pleaseUnsure It's because the code[06979F19] is not working.

Tekken Tag Tournament SLPS-20015 [40DA9BB8] 16:9 widescreen

Attached Files
.pnach   40DA9BB8.pnach (Size: 204 bytes / Downloads: 146)
(08-05-2020, 11:32 PM)someother1ne Wrote: Tekken Tag Tournament SLPS-20015 [40DA9BB8] 16:9 widescreen

Wow! Thank you so much! This precious data!  Biggrin
Makai Kingdom Widescreen Patch, works on ps3, doesn't work on ps2 (tested on opl about 2/3 years ago)

(on ps2 had to use "gsm" and set screen to 1080i or game won't boot up, with no widescreen patch)

(just a note, using "PS2Classics_GUI", to build the ps2 .iso to .pkg for ps3, i only selected "dvd" even on the cd games, the program current version may fix that)