PCSX2 Wiki collaboration thread
(12-04-2014, 12:01 PM)ng__ Wrote: But it does work. It shows the hint when you hover a mouse over it. Smile

The easiest way to add a text is to make a thumbnail out of picture (in that case we don't need all that hassle with styles and tables but I wanted to show you the styles-method so you'll be able to use it also on text or tables). I've changed the thing into thumbnail. The code's easier the result is the same.

I also thought about this. Enclose the start of the new text block in <div style="clear: both;"> </div> tags. It will be sufficient. I've made the change in test2 to reflect this. Her's the change:

<div style="clear: both;">
==Graphics==
</div>

Great! It looks better now.

Im'm gonna leave the thumbs for the plugins on the right side. For the other imagess, I'm gonna do the same thing we did with the plug-in selector, and see how it looks.
English isn't my native language, if I make a spelling error, don't hesitate to let me know.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
2x Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB CL9
Creative Tactic3D Headset
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
[Image: 76561197995187625.png]

Sponsored links

* Arranged images.
* Testing first option for the Tips section.

Alright, how does it look now?
English isn't my native language, if I make a spelling error, don't hesitate to let me know.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
In the "Running PCSX2 for the first time" and other areas where the images are left justified, it confuses the hell out of my eyes.

I think they should be right justified. The small inline image further down are okay on the left, but the big ones... not so much.

It feels like "work" that my eyes have to go over to the right for the text. It's not a natural way to read.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-07-2014, 09:08 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: In the "Running PCSX2 for the first time" and other areas where the images are left justified, it confuses the hell out of my eyes.

I think they should be right justified. The small inline image further down are okay on the left, but the big ones... not so much.

It feels like "work" that my eyes have to go over to the right for the text. It's not a natural way to read.

I will test with them justified to the right.

Same size? Smaller?

Any other place that they have to be on the right side (BIOS, EE/IOP)?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: On this one big images are at the right side of the screen.
I promise to delete all those test pages afterwards.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
It's definitely better on the right. But all that whitespace is kinda weird looking. I'm not sure what to do about it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-07-2014, 10:00 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It's definitely better on the right. But all that whitespace is kinda weird looking. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Another solution might be leaving the images at the bottom of the section (with the click to enlarge caption) placed horizontally, one beside the other.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-07-2014, 09:21 AM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: * Arranged images.
* Testing first option for the Tips section.

Alright, how does it look now?

Test3 looks nice, some small thoughts:
1. I'm still a bit distracted by tips' light grey border. Is it too thick or maybe it needs another coloring or both? Same with some warning tips that could use some additional distinction imo.
2. Wiki links should not start with http://.. so that they will retain "local" look. E.g. at the very top of the page [http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Setting_...ux_version Linux] should imo be [[Setting up Linux version|Linux]]
3. The image in Folders section is full-sized and many others are downsized (like in Plugin configuration section). It's inconsistent. I think it should get the same treatment (i.e. be downsized).
4. I guess we should have a link to the original guide along with currently present credits to Bositman. This feels appropriate.

Other than that, looks pretty nice. Let's put it into print. I mean, let's archive the current guide and fill its place with the new guide instead. You want to do it yourself?
Please check out http://wiki.pcsx2.net
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
(12-08-2014, 08:20 AM)ng__ Wrote: Test3 looks nice, some small thoughts:
1. I'm still a bit distracted by tips' light grey border. Is it too thick or maybe it needs another coloring or both? Same with some warning tips that could use some additional distinction imo.
2. Wiki links should not start with http://.. so that they will retain "local" look. E.g. at the very top of the page [http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Setting_...ux_version Linux] should imo be [[Setting up Linux version|Linux]]
3. The image in Folders section is full-sized and many others are downsized (like in Plugin configuration section). It's inconsistent. I think it should get the same treatment (i.e. be downsized).
4. I guess we should have a link to the original guide along with currently present credits to Bositman. This feels appropriate.

Other than that, looks pretty nice. Let's put it into print. I mean, let's archive the current guide and fill its place with the new guide instead. You want to do it yourself?

1) Trying with a smaller une (from 2px to 1px).

2) Done, exept for the link to the folders subsection: under the first image here .

3) Done.

4) Added link to the original guide on credits section.

If I might add:

I think the gaps of white space on the Running PCSX2 for the first time are too big, we should do something about it.

Any suggestions about the warnings section? I don't know if a red background would look very good on a blue predominant page.

Is there anything we have to grab from the "old (current) guide"?

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
Also, on Further reading, the link to [[Category:Guides]] epically failed.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-08-2014, 09:27 AM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: 1) Trying with a smaller une (from 2px to 1px).

2) Done, exept for the link to the folders subsection: under the first image here .

3) Done.

4) Added link to the original guide on credits section.

If I might add:

I think the gaps of white space on the Running PCSX2 for the first time are too big, we should do something about it.

Any suggestions about the warnings section? I don't know if a red background would look very good on a blue predominant page.

Is there anything we have to grab from the "old (current) guide"?

* Agreed. Why not just aligning them to the left side (like I did)?
* I don't know either, it was just a thought anyway, they are fine as they are now. You can still try very light red hue as a background, or let me experiment a bit.
* It's old, it's lacking and above all it's written by me so long ago... We can archive it and make a link to it for the most curious fellas.
Please check out http://wiki.pcsx2.net
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!