PCSX2 (Wineskin) OpenGL/DX11/DX10 support
(02-24-2016, 02:28 PM)gregory Wrote: I added a new flags recently in the context to avoid useless error checking in the driver. It might not be supported on Apple.

GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack could be emulated but it kills me.... When next OSx is planned?

Maybe sometime in June, the time when Apple usually announces new products...

Sponsored links

Ok. Let's wait June then (even if I'm sure that I will be disappointed).
Ok, so OGL is out of the picture for now. 

What about DX10? DX11?
(02-24-2016, 03:42 PM)gregory Wrote: Ok. Let's wait June then (even if I'm sure that I will be disappointed).

Apple have never been shy about dropping technology that it sees as running into a dead end. 

I don't think Apple will ever release full support for OGL. However, I do think they will offer preliminary support for Vulkan.
(02-26-2016, 03:30 PM)MacUser Wrote: Ok, so OGL is out of the picture for now. 

What about DX10? DX11?

No, Mac doesn't support DX10/DX11 natively as DirectX is a Microsoft proprietary technology... Also, Wine's Dx10/11 wrapper are still not working.
(02-26-2016, 03:34 PM)MacUser Wrote: Apple have never been shy about dropping technology that it sees as running into a dead end. 

I don't think Apple will ever release full support for OGL. However, I do think they will offer preliminary support for Vulkan.

OGL isn't really dead. However, the cost of OGL is that they can't lock-in their users like metal. Don't tell me that 5 guy to add a couple of OGL extensions (they don't even need to support fully GL) will be too much for 100K people company. So I'm not sure Vulkan will appears soon neither.

Current plan is to wait AMD/Mesa driver with a fix for Separate Shader Object. Once it is done, I will drop some legacy code. If Apple doesn't announce a new OS with more GL extensions, I will add an emulation layer again. (I might fork GSdx into a legacy branch).
(02-26-2016, 03:37 PM)uyjulian Wrote: No, Mac doesn't support DX10/DX11 natively as DirectX is a Microsoft proprietary technology... Also, Wine's Dx10/11 wrapper are still not working.

Yeah, We're talking about Wine here, I would have thought that everyone knows DX is Windows only. 

Do you know how much work there is to do before Wine gets Dx10/11 working? I see regular commits for them.
That being said, all openGL niceties require GL4.2/4.4/4.5 extensions. So I'm not sure it would worth it to support openGL on WineSkin
NEWS:, we are planning to "fork" current GSdx into a legacy plugin. The in-dev plugin will requires DX10 and GL4 extensions. However you will still be able to use the legacy plugin.

Potentially you could add a GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack emulation in the legacy plugin. Here a SHA1 of what can be done d37cc8e1e7a135a61e6a957479be7de2bd5c6d82
It would also be great if we can use software mode without GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack required. Also, I think OpenCL would be nice since Apple is pushing for OpenCL support in their pro product (like Final Cut Pro X).
I'll try to find ways to get OpenCL working w/ DX9 once I figure out how to make GSdx OpenCL mode compatible with Wine (yes, Wine does have a OpenCL translation layer)

Also, that commit is:

commit d37cc8e1e7a135a61e6a957479be7de2bd5c6d82
Author: Gregory Hainaut <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Oct 1 09:50:59 2014 +0200

gsdx-ogl: GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack is now mandatory

All API/drivers support it so time to remove the fallback.