PCSX2 & XSplit!
As of late, I've been having an issue with combining these two software(s).

When live-streaming with XSplit, playing games via Steam/Origin, everything
works perfectly fine, quality = superb. But, when live-streaming with XSplit, playing games via PCSX2, the graphics are god-awful. I know not why.

I presume the err(s) lies within the PCSX2 settings, perchance?

PS: I have an excellent machine, high-end hardware.
Playing PCSX2 games at optimal settings is no difficult task, even when recording with Dxtory.

PERHAPS it has something to do with the "6x native resolution" settings,
because the graphics displayed in the XSplit window much more resembles that of the "Original PS2 resolution" setting.

Screenshots of PCSX2- and of XSplit-settings (second to last screenshot is of the XSplit, and the last is of PCSX2):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Does anything about XSplit require you to press F9 (which toggles between hardware and software mode in PCSX2)?
(08-02-2013, 06:15 AM)Wolfwood824 Wrote: Does anything about XSplit require you to press F9 (which toggles between hardware and software mode in PCSX2)?

Not usually by default. I can't say I've had this problem with my recordings with xsplit.

Out of curiosity do you get this distortion when capturing window instead of game capture in xsplit? Could be somehow involved with that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
The rendering resolution seems to be at native when you stream, yea. That is the quality problem.
(08-02-2013, 06:15 AM)Wolfwood824 Wrote: Does anything about XSplit require you to press F9 (which toggles between hardware and software mode in PCSX2)?
No. I tried pressing "F9", and the PCSX2 screen turned black, and I
had to restart it.
(08-02-2013, 07:11 AM)Koji Wrote: Not usually by default. I can't say I've had this problem with my recordings with xsplit.

Out of curiosity do you get this distortion when capturing window instead of game capture in xsplit? Could be somehow involved with that.
The quality of my capture did not increase noticeably when recording "window" rather than "game".
Could it have something to do with my internet-speed? I only have a mere 2/5 bars.
(08-02-2013, 11:47 AM)LetThisEndNoah Wrote: The quality of my capture did not increase noticeably when recording "window" rather than "game".
Could it have something to do with my internet-speed? I only have a mere 2/5 bars.

Bars are just a general indicator and don't mean much. If every other game you capture is working fine, it wouldn't make much sense that PCSX2 wouldn't have enough bandwidth.

That said, 1080p streaming requires massive bandwidth or else you'll get really pixelated/artifacty results. That image looks more downsampled though than a hi-res image with super low bandwidth.
It looks as if XSplit is lowering the resolution. Check the resolution settings in it, check if it's in the right resolution you want. It might be lowering it, though it doesn't look as low as native to me.
(08-02-2013, 10:04 PM)Rassane Wrote: It looks as if XSplit is lowering the resolution. Check the resolution settings in it, check if it's in the right resolution you want. It might be lowering it, though it doesn't look as low as native to me.

I've in addition to XSplit, tried live-streaming PCSX2 through "FFsplit" as well as "Open Broadcaster Software", with little to no avail. Same results...
I can not replicate this issue. I just tried recording a 1080p 60FPS video via xsplit and had absolutely no issues.

http://www.twitch.tv/marriedtoletsplay/c/2680914

(sorry didn't have my controller plugged in, so I couldn't move it around, but it's clearly 1080p and not having the issues you seem to be having)