PCSX2 actual frame rate
Hello everyone. I've just registered to seek information on this subject because I can't seem to find answers anywhere.
So basically I'm trying to record gameplay videos using the internal recording feature of pcsx2 (f12). It works pretty good and the resulting files have very good quality and the performance impact is bearable (I'm using the uncompressed option at rgb32 with a resolution of 1280x720). The file size is huge but I prefer to encode to a smaller file afterwards anyways.
However, since I live in a PAL region and the games that I own are PAL they all perform at 25fps and I would like to convert them to 30fps just for fun (I've been doing some research into this but haven't messed around it yet). I don't know if this will be an issue, but the resulting file says the video plays at 50fps, when it clearly does not (the game is Dark Chronicle btw). Also, in the Gdsx window it says the game is performing at 50fps. Why is this so? And how would I go about converting? Would I assume the video is playing at 25fps and convert to 30fps? Should I assume it is running at 50fps and convert to 60fps? Or something else entirely? Again, this is for experimenting purposes only, I'm not saying that PAL is worse than NTSC or vice-versa.
Thanks in advance Smile

Here is what MediaInfo says about the video file:
General
Format                                   : AVI
Format/Info                              : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile                           : OpenDML
File size                                : 35.8 GiB
Duration                                 : 3 min 28 s
Overall bit rate                         : 1 475 Mb/s

Video
ID                                       : 0
Format                                   : RGBA
Codec ID                                 : 0x00000000
Codec ID/Info                            : Basic Windows bitmap format. 1, 4 and 8 bpp versions are palettised. 16, 24 and 32bpp contain raw RGB samples
Duration                                 : 3 min 28 s
Bit rate                                 : 1 475 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 50.000 FPS
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 32.000
Stream size                              : 35.8 GiB (100%)

Sponsored links

Consoles are different from PC games. On the PS2, the PAL games run at 50 FPS and NTSC games run at 60 FPS (locked on TV refresh rates. The file produced by PCSX2 is accurate and you should not change the frame rate
[Image: newsig.jpg]
PCSX2 outputs the vertical frequency rate at the GSdx window title bar, not the framerate. Vertical frequency is controlled by the vertical blanking signal (SYNCV) of the PCRTC circuit of Graphics Synthesizer.

Generally, NTSC games have a vertical frequency rate of 60Hz with a framerate of 30fps, PAL games have a vertical frequency rate of 50Hz with a framerate of 25fps. In reality, it isn't that simple. The vertical frequency rate is decided based on the color subcarrier frequency, parameters of the SetGSCrt Syscall, INT bitfield of SMODE GS register and various other stuff, I remember writing essays related to this in some of my Counters related pull requests (You can search for it in Github) but too lazy to write all of those things now, sorry.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction