PCSX2 and Ultra Wide Screen
(11-06-2015, 11:16 PM)bomblord Wrote: Any suggestion on how you would go about editing said files?

Well basically it's like this. This is a WS hack from one of the patches:

Code:
patch=1,EE,00270f48,word,3c013f10

The format if you are unfamiliar is:

Code:
patch=1,EE,addressToWrite,dataType,valueToWrite

The valueToWrite is what you will wanna change. You will need to change it to a value that makes the ratio you want, but doing that is a bit beyond me. That's for the simplest WS hack. Ones that require multiple lines, zoom values, render fixes, or are elf hacks will be way more complex. You can ask how in the WS patch thread, but you may get shot down.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Still i dont see where fixing/decreasing sw culling for 16:9 shouldnt allow to fix it as well for other aspect ratios. Sure you need other values but 16:9 is programmatically as far away from 4:3 as 16:10.
You could also do 3:4 or 9:16 if you rotate you screen by 90°.

The only exclusion that i see is for games that already support 16:9. Here porting to other aspect ratios naturally include additional work.
(11-06-2015, 11:26 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well basically it's like this. This is a WS hack from one of the patches:

Code:
patch=1,EE,00270f48,word,3c013f10

The format if you are unfamiliar is:

Code:
patch=1,EE,addressToWrite,dataType,valueToWrite

The valueToWrite is what you will wanna change. You will need to change it to a value that makes the ratio you want, but doing that is a bit beyond me. That's for the simplest WS hack. Ones that require multiple lines, zoom values, render fixes, or are elf hacks will be way more complex. You can ask how in the WS patch thread, but you may get shot down.

Alright so the address is the memory address, dataType i've never heard of "word" is that related to a String? And the the value is obviously the value which appears to be in hexadecimal?
byte,short,word was the old method of creating pnach codes.

Nowadays you can just use ,extended, but you'll have to make a minor adjustment to the address value.

patch=1,EE,00270f48,word,3c013f10 >>>>>>>>>>>> patch=1,EE,20270f48,extended,3c013f10

An example using 'FF' (255 dec). And also higher values. (FFFF, etc)
byte = 000000FF (1 byte)
short = 0000FFFF (2 bytes)
word = FFFFFFFF (4 bytes)

When dealing with ,extended, if you only have a value of 1 byte (FF for example), you start the address section of the code with 0. If you're having a code of 2 bytes (e.g. FFFF) you start the address with 1. And finally, if you have a code consisting of 4 bytes (FFFFFFFF)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Photo 

I realize this is an old topic but I would love to know if anyone has a way to deal with the culling in Ace Combat 5 and 0. I have been using nemesis2000's widescreen hacks for the game and they look great except in cockpit view. Certain aircraft cockpits are deeply effected by the culling and I would love if anyone could offer some support. One thing I would like to know is if the culling render can be expanded. I don't care if it effects performance or not, I just want to know if it can be changed at all. The second thing I want to know, is if anyone knows a way to locate and change Ace Combat 5 and 0's occlusion rendering itself. Thanks.