PCSX2 and recording... In a rather strange way
Okay, I have the new HDPVR2, and it now can record PC, it's JUST as good as fraps, cept it takes away no frames. Now, if I can record pcsx2 with it. Is this possible? Or would it drammatically decrease frames? My specs are

AMD Athlon 2 x4 2.9 ghz
ati 5770 OC
4gb DDR2 Ram
550 watt power supply

Could I run PCSX2 and live stream too? Eezstream isn't like xsplit, it uses WAY less power, Plus it's plug in and stream and records at 60FPS, which shouldn't take away frames as it pretty much mimics the screens actions. Please let me know, regardless if it does. I really want to do KH2FM on PCSX2 at 3x filtering.

Sponsored links

Your PC is decent, but not a powerhouse, so YMMV. Fraps is for YouTube and Lets Plays, Xsplit is for streaming on Twitch. I use Xsplit to stream PCSX2 to Twitch, so it is possible, but you should lower the render resolution or it will lag.
(01-21-2013, 06:15 PM)devina40 Wrote: Your PC is decent, but not a powerhouse, so YMMV. Fraps is for YouTube and Lets Plays, Xsplit is for streaming on Twitch. I use Xsplit to stream PCSX2 to Twitch, so it is possible, but you should lower the render resolution or it will lag.

I know, xsplit sucks. You must buy it to increase frames, with my HDPVR2 I have EEZ stream, which lets me stream at 60FPS for FREE. It works for PC too, All I want to know is does it work with PCSX2 and will it lag? It's as simple as that. It doesn't remove frames unlike fraps. So it should stick with a solid 60fps... I hope.
I bought a deal around 40 bucks for a year's worth of high quality audio and fps. It's not that much, but I hate the cap too.

I thought HDPVR2 was only for Xbox/PS3, not PC games. I've never tried EZStream, so I googled it and it looks a little fishy to me.
Do you have a streaming channel? Can EZStream stream to Twitch?

Fraps doesn't necessarily remove frames. Just make sure you're using the latest (3.5.9) because older versions will, in fact, lower the fps.
Also, in Fraps, make sure it's 60fps and "half-size", because full-size will cause a lot of lag if your PC isn't a powerhouse.
Yes it can. However, I stream with my laptop, it's decent, it gets a lil laggy. My streaming channel is Omegasins. Xsplit is a lot, limits FPS. And yes, I can stream PC with the HDPVR2. http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/d...aming.html

In there it say's you can.
Record your PC gameplay, with no delay and no slowdown of your PC!
HD PVR 2 can be connected to the HDMI output of your PC to record your gameplay. With our "no delay passthrough", you can play your game on a TV monitor while recording. And the recording will not slow down your PC since the encoding is done within HD PVR 2!

So basically, I think this beats fraps.

On side note, I'm to lazy to setup my HDPVR2 to my PC XD. It's a pain the the butt. I need to use 2 different TV's. So anyway, PM when you want me to stream. I'll be playing KH2FM at level 1 recorded via PS2.
Just checked your broadcasts, it's pretty good quality, albeit with a bit of interlacing.

Xsplit 1.2 came out a week ago, and I tested it a little, it's supposed to improve performance a bit.
My set up now is PCSX2 + widescreen hacks + Xsplit 1.2.

I'm also a Kingdom Hearts fan, so I can try showing you what the games look like with my set-up. I'll PM you my channel. Smile
Stop using Fraps ffs.. if you have a decent processor and fraps slows it down, use Dxtory
It records everything and doesn't slow down. The downside is that the video takes more space, but after you compress it (Xvid, etc) it goes even smaller then you would compress it with fraps.
Some people rather likes using fraps then other unknown software. For example I like using fraps, cause it's easy to use and not to expensive. Don't go biting other people's heads off, cause of your own findings.