PCSX2 android project??
Is their gonna be a chance on having pcsx2on android? cz other android ps2 emulators really suck. giving the fact that android runs on a linux kernel( c based language),plus android smartphones nowadays are getting really powerful...
What I' trying to say is, Are pcsx2 developers are thinking of making an android app? like really they can upload it to the playstore and take advantage of sponsors later(or maybe pricing it) and everybody will be satisfied....

--small note: ( i wonder were the forum app ended up, it could be really useful...)

Thanks for your time! Biggrin

01010010011010010110010001100001☯

Sponsored links

Arm based phones have not the power required for ps2 emulation, a illegal emulator (Damonps2 emulator aka horrorps2 emulator) try to do this but the results are bad, some games don't boot as they should on the "X86 version" of PCSX2 and it is super slow in 3d games. So it's not likely to happen sorry. Or you have Play! Wich is a work in progress emulator.
Even though Android is a derivitative of the Linux Kernel, there is significantly more work that needs to be done than simply porting it over. The GUI and Recompilers need to be rewritten as well as a significant chunk of the core code. We simply don't have the resources to focus on mobile platforms at this time, and are better off dedicating our resources to squashing bugs first.
(12-28-2017, 07:24 PM)CK1 Wrote: Even though Android is a derivitative of the Linux Kernel, there is significantly more work that needs to be done than simply porting it over. The GUI and Recompilers need to be rewritten as well as a significant chunk of the core code. We simply don't have the resources to focus on mobile platforms at this time, and are better off dedicating our resources to squashing bugs first.

absolutely agreed, speaking of squashing bugs, how do i become a pcsx2 developer, from where do i start? I am really optimistic to have a role in this forum, and I'm delightful to give as much assistance as possible...

01010010011010010110010001100001☯