PCSX2...apparently a new problem
searched the web,found the best configs possible, some performance tweaks on my pc, ended having the best raw perormance possible on my pc.....for my first boot, it worked! i got almost stable 60 fps with no lags and issues on almost any game Biggrin , but when i want to boot the game again, it can't even go over 30 fps Blush ! every game runs smoothly the first time but on 2nd boot it's trash Glare ....i tried cleaning my pc's disk(temp files and other cashe files), adjusting the pc for best performance option, installed razer cortex( a program that eliminates every background task possible for smoothest gameplay for any game)but no luck, whatever i do i am still on that trash performance... Ninja
as a summary Tongue
1- 1st boot was great
2- 2nd and the rest are surprisingly trash even with the best emulation tweaks
3-i tried every version of pcsx2 but got same results(even with developer builds)
4-i can't play any game properly
my pc specs:
Intel® Core™ 2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30GHz
4.00 GB RAM
64-bit win 10 pro/x64 based processor
NVIDIA Geforce 315M

HELP IS GODLY APPRECIATED I WANT TO PLAY MY LEGACY PS2 GAMES IT MEANS ALOT TO ME Wacko Sad !!!!!

01010010011010010110010001100001☯

Sponsored links

Is that CPU an i5? If so, the STR on that is 1300 some, which is below what is the "typically recommended minimum" of 1500. It may be rough for heavier games. The Geforce 315m, I'm going to be brutally honest, is a toaster. My CPU's iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 4600) scores more than triple on videocardbenchmark.net, and that even is dwarfed by my GTX 860m, which isn't the world's most robust GPU either.

Not all games run equally. Some work better with a speedhack added here and there, some absolutely run like crap with them. There is no one configuration to run them all. If you name some titles we might be able to give pointers, but if the hardware is struggling to start it may just be rough all around.

If you're trying to play 2D games or simpler RPGs, you probably will be fine. but a lot of sports games are known to be more demanding, and the infamous series trio of Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter are among some of the absolute most demanding games.
(12-27-2017, 07:34 PM)pandubz Wrote: Is that CPU an i5? If so, the STR on that is 1300 some, which is below what is the "typically recommended minimum" of 1500. It may be rough for heavier games. The Geforce 315m, I'm going to be brutally honest, is a toaster. My CPU's iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 4600) scores more than triple on videocardbenchmark.net, and that even is dwarfed by my GTX 860m, which isn't the world's most robust GPU either.

Not all games run equally. Some work better with a speedhack added here and there, some absolutely run like crap with them. There is no one configuration to run them all. If you name some titles we might be able to give pointers, but if the hardware is struggling to start it may just be rough all around.

If you're trying to play 2D games or simpler RPGs, you probably will be fine. but a lot of sports games are known to be more demanding, and the infamous series trio of Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter are among some of the absolute most demanding games.

well yes it's an i5, and yes, i know that that geforce is a toaster, but i swear in my first boot i got a truly smooth 60 fps performance, but when i boot any game again....well....trash

--the game in test was crash nitro cart----

but really I'm not asking about nice compliments about my pc I'm asking for some help, their is always options for improvement, and I'm asking for some....but anyway thank you for your time but still....help would be really appreciated!

(12-27-2017, 08:00 PM)X_Grave_X Wrote: well yes it's an i5, and yes, i know that that geforce is a toaster, but i swear in my first boot i got a truly smooth 60 fps performance, but when i boot any game again....well....trash

but really I'm not asking about nice compliments about my pc I'm asking for some help, their is always options for improvement, and I'm asking for some....but anyway thank you for your time but still....help would be really appreciated!

Well I guess that's my point. I can't really explain the drop off, but I think the slowness is simply your computer not being up to the task. That said, what games in particular are you trying to run when it runs at 60, and when it drops off? Is this behavior consistent for every single game, regardless of the order you run them? For example, does the same behavior occur if you run Game A then Game B, and Game B then Game A, and even the same game twice in a row? Specific game titles would help, because as I mentioned, some are inherently more demanding.
(12-27-2017, 08:07 PM)pandubz Wrote: Well I guess that's my point. I can't really explain the drop off, but I think the slowness is simply your computer not being up to the task. That said, what games in particular are you trying to run when it runs at 60, and when it drops off? Is this behavior consistent for every single game, regardless of the order you run them? For example, does the same behavior occur if you run Game A then Game B, and Game B then Game A, and even the same game twice in a row? Specific game titles would help, because as I mentioned, some are inherently more demanding.

i ran crash nirto cart, crash of the titans,and Madagascar:escape 2 Africa. I started with crash nitro cart, it run smoothly as i said, and then in the other boot that drop off occurred.And then i tried to boot the rest of mentioned games above, they were all the same, absolute trash
(every game runs at 60 fps usually)
as a summary, every game i launch runs usually at 60 fps, and when i launch crash nitro cart it runs smoothly in the 1st boot, but in the rest of boots not, and every other game does the same...whatever i do and tweak, even trying to reset the whole settings of pcsx2, no change....