PCSX2 bilinear?
Quote:Hi, thanks for reply

But how not to extend? how to get a 1:1 picture? im getting crazy testing different option without luck...

Sorry, any advice will be very helpfull, because im totally stuck . I just want native resolution, without any bilinear filter. Thats all.... is possible right now?
Right now, no.

It is doable but we're feature freeze currently. Do you use the GS custom resolution option? If yes, don't use it, it will break the scaling.

Sponsored links

(12-10-2015, 04:53 PM)gregory Wrote: Right now, no.

It is doable but we're feature freeze currently. Do you use the GS custom resolution option? If yes, don't use it, it will break the scaling.

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer, really

is not a big problem, because i can play most of this 2D games, in other emulators (Demul, Dolphin, etc) that support nearest scaling, but still, wil be nice to play some 2D PS2 only games like Odin Sphere, in original resolution

About GS custom reoslution, i set to "original" but in fact, i tested from 512x512 to 4096x4096 in increments of 8.... Rolleyes  without good results (it take like all night jeje)

But no, i always have original resolution set in GS

Thanks for advice,  hope in some point, that new features will be add to the emulator, will be possible to add a option for "no scaling" "1:1 scaling" or whatever like this

Thanks again for answer, and congratulations for the great emu!
non exclusive fullscreen? that blurs the picture when the graphics card upscales it. you could setup your desktop's output resolution to 640x480 and use 4:3 fullscreen. but the trick there is the game should not be fixed to rescale. then it should have a sharp picture. rendering 1:1 with a black bar at the bottom. for example i (also) have snkvs.capcom. it's internal 640x512. has it worse. have some screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/XIcRq all software. but you see the problem. the last one is the internal shot. i dunno how this actually scales on real hardware. the resolution isn't even tv size. it's getting pulled and blurred an analoqued in the conversion and whatnot else anyway. so... it matters?

an additional gimmick. http://imgur.com/a/U0b3E. you gotta flip the pics real quick. is that a result of the game being internally rescaled on the ps2? i mean the pictures and sprites are still sorta rasterized on the real hardware. are they? this looks weird tho. it doesn't make much sense either. it's a 35 pixel distance. what explains that? it's weird. Laugh
(12-10-2015, 07:01 PM)dabore Wrote: non exclusive fullscreen? that blurs the picture when the graphics card upscales it. you could setup your desktop's output resolution to 640x480 and use 4:3 fullscreen. but the trick there is the game should not be fixed to rescale. then it should have a sharp picture. rendering 1:1 with a black bar at the bottom. for example i (also) have snkvs.capcom. it's internal 640x512. has it worse. have some screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/XIcRq all software. but you see the problem. the last one is the internal shot. i dunno how this actually scales on real hardware. the resolution isn't even tv size. it's getting pulled and blurred an analoqued in the conversion and whatnot else anyway. so... it matters?

an additional gimmick. http://imgur.com/a/U0b3E. you gotta flip the pics real quick. is that a result of the game being internally rescaled on the ps2? i mean the pictures and sprites are still sorta rasterized on the real hardware. are they? this looks weird tho. it doesn't make much sense either. it's a 35 pixel distance. what explains that? it's weird. Laugh

hi dabore

Yes, play in a window is a option to have a sharp picture. But the idea is that if the fullscreen resolution match the game resolution, there is not upscale, or nothing

Of course, a temporary fix can be using a window, and some kind of software like "Windowed Borderless Gaming"

About snk vs capcom,  i think maybe the one you take screenshots, is PAL... im right?  because the NTSC-J game run at 640x480 interlaced if i dont remember bad
right. it's pal. but it doesn't matter. it renders only 640x448 internal nonetheless.

the thing about the display is: the screen is 640x480 (4:3) that's what pcsx2 upscales to. that is how the crtc is emulated to have the tv aspect ratio. there's no other way with graphics cards. and ofc that blurs slightly when rescaling. that's normal. cause the pixels are interpolated. even if nearest is used you have some mashed or some duplicate lines. no matter how to sample it. that's all normal. to get the picture to display the 640x448 backbuffer native to a crt you'd need a custom screenmode and render to that. but that's what's not possible. you can't just create a custom screenmode when you create the d3d rendering device. and nobody messes with crt timings these days. this would need a scanline count modification to the signal. nope to do that. so... there's only standard resolutions. 640x480 and rescale. the alternative is to cut the picture on top and bottom to get a blur free picture. but you end up with a slightly squeezed picture. that's it.