PCSX2 bilinear?
(12-09-2015, 04:40 PM)theelf Wrote: Hi, thanks, yes i select fit to screen

If nearest option is used,  it mean that 640x448 or 1280x896 will look blocky and sharp,  but no, still blurry in fullscreen

Well, if nearest, even if not a integer resolution, need to look blocky! jeje

Thanks

That is because the render resolution on native has less pixel then your monitor. So 1 pixel gets stretched serveral times to fill up your display. To work against this, simply select an internal resolution of 2x or greater in the video settings.

edit: BTW. the picture i posted is only for adjusting the window size, not the fullscreen resolution / render resolution.
[Image: fFgqpr8.png]

Sponsored links

(12-09-2015, 05:23 PM)takla Wrote: That is because the render resolution on native has less pixel then your monitor. So 1 pixel gets stretched serveral times to fill up your display. To work against this, simply select an internal resolution of 2x or greater in the video settings.

edit: BTW. the picture i posted is only for adjusting the window size, not the fullscreen resolution / render resolution.
[Image: fFgqpr8.png]

Thanks for reply, this is useful for a TFT user, not for a CRT user... im in a CRT screen

Anyways, even in a TFT, if you use nearest, every pixel, even if is not integer,  will be clean, just ugly
I meant that fit to screen should resize the gameoutput. That requires interpolation. Depending on the mode of interpolation this resizing can look like bilinear filtering. Please keep the aspect ratio at 4:3 for the moment.
(12-09-2015, 07:04 PM)willkuer Wrote: I meant that fit to screen should resize the gameoutput. That requires interpolation. Depending on the mode of interpolation this resizing can look like bilinear filtering. Please keep the aspect ratio at 4:3 for the moment.

I think you are confuse, im using a CRT,  not a TFT with fixed resolution, there is not interpolation in any way

About aspect ratio, the ideal solution will be  1:1, or 2:2 for example for double resolution, with nearest filter,  this will be perfect for CRT users

Force any aspect ratio in a 4:3 CRT is a nonsense. In this case, stretch is more useful, but need to set the exact resolution for every game
The image pcsx2 produces is progressive. Its a full image containing a resolution and an aspect ratio. It then gets (back-) translated into an crt interlaced image before it is sent to your crt. There is no direct interlaced->interlaced output to your crt. I think 4:3 should therefore be resonable (you will just get black borders)
(12-09-2015, 07:57 PM)theelf Wrote: I think you are confuse, im using a CRT,  not a TFT with fixed resolution, there is not interpolation in any way

About aspect ratio, the ideal solution will be  1:1, or 2:2 for example for double resolution, with nearest filter,  this will be perfect for CRT users

Force any aspect ratio in a 4:3 CRT is a nonsense. In this case, stretch is more useful, but need to set the exact resolution for every game

The aspect ratio of a custom render resolution is overwritten by the Window Settings. So you only got Stretch to Window, 4:3 and 16:9. Unfortunately PCSX2 does not have the option like Dolphin, to let the game set the aspect ratio. E.G: Something like "Auto". That feature isn't to old for Dolphin. It got fixed a couple of months ago. Before, games would be forced to accept 4:3 as default, even tho many games did use a different Aspect Ratio.
OK, EDIT:

I discover the problem, but not a solution yet

For example:  Hokuto no ken is 640x480 game,  pscx2 detect a different resolution, and try to scaling

Here is a screenshot of the window at 640x448,  is easy to see, the pixels are correct, but in bottom, there is a part of screen that is missing, because less resolution (640>448)

**640x448 window
[Image: 640x448.png]

Then, the logic say, if I set a 640x480 window, everything will look fine,  but if i set the window to 640x480, the game looks same that 640x448,  still miss the bottom  part of screen,  but instead, pcsx2 stretch the image, using a bilinear filter

**640x480 window
[Image: 640x480.png]

This is with fullstretch to window,  is clear that the emulator is making a mistake with resolution
This is how the game looks with PCSX2 directly with almost no changes to the default settings:

[Image: thj1AKK.jpg]

If you really did not change the default - as I told you to -, and you still get this problem, then guess the problem is Win XP for you. I suggest either upgrading, or dual boot Linux and see if that works.
At the end of the GS rendering, the FB is extended to fill the screen. It will be feasible to use an alternate filtering method or to not extend it (smaller picture but sharper) (the trick will be to center it to get a nice display).
(12-10-2015, 01:47 PM)gregory Wrote: At the end of the GS rendering, the FB is extended to fill the screen. It will be feasible to use an alternate filtering method or to not extend it (smaller picture but sharper) (the trick will be to center it to get a nice display).

Hi, thanks for reply

But how not to extend? how to get a 1:1 picture? im getting crazy testing different option without luck...

Sorry,  any advice will be very helpfull,  because im totally stuck . I just want native resolution, without any bilinear filter. Thats all.... is possible right now?

(12-10-2015, 08:29 AM)K.F Wrote: This is how the game looks with PCSX2 directly with almost no changes to the default settings:

[Image: thj1AKK.jpg]

If you really did not change the default - as I told you to -, and you still get this problem, then guess the problem is Win XP for you. I suggest either upgrading, or dual boot Linux and see if that works.

Well, this image is what i get too, a incorrect scaling. This image you post, is exactly what i try to avoid, the need to use a higer resolution to show the game. The idea is to get the right picture in native resolution

Of course, a integer resolution will be fine too, if nearest is used, like 1280x960 or 1920x1440, but i preffer 640x480

Try to use a nearest filter, if you get perfect pixel at 1024x768, instead of the bilinear image you post, is what i cant do now