PCSX2 bilinear?
Hi, grettings, sorry my english

I have a big interest in play 2D games in the emulator, but im having bad times to configure it

The graphics looks not clear, like they have a bilinear filter all the time. I have a CRT PC screen, and i can make perfect resolutions

Im running XP with DX9 plugin 

For example, Hokuto no Ken game,  if i play in demul (atomiswave) and set my screen resolution to 640x480 or any integer resolution (1280x960 for example)  i get perfect, crisp, graphics

In psxc2,  i uncheck "filtering textures", set textures to 1x.... nothing, still too blurry.  I realize the game run in a resolution of 640x476, create this resolution, but still burry

If i set texture scaling to 2x, 3x or 4x, this help in getting crisp graphics at high resolutions (but still not perfect, just the bilinear is less strong),  but in original resolution not help at all

This problem happen with all 2D games i tested, even if i run the emulator in original resolution.  I tried software mode, but still blurry

Any ideas?  thanks a lot

EDIT:  I made two pictures, to help my words

1 - Hokuto no ken running in Demul, 640x480
[Image: test1.jpg]

2 - Hokuto no ken running in pcsx2, 640x476, no antialias in option, no filtering textures,  1x textures

very easy to see, the loss in resolution, because some kind of bilinear filtering

[Image: test2.jpg]

Sponsored links

There really isn't much that can be done for 2d games
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-07-2015, 05:31 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: There really isn't much that can be done for 2d games

This mean?  that emulator apply some kind of bilinear filtering to all?
I tjink 2d images are prerendered, or? So nothing pcsx2 can work with. One would need to revert this filter and apply a new/better one. But that is not implemented.
(12-07-2015, 05:41 PM)willkuer Wrote: I tjink 2d images are prerendered, or? So nothing pcsx2 can work with. One would need to revert this filter and apply a new/better one. But that is not implemented.

Hi thanks,  but if i connect the PS2 (real console) to the same CRT, it looks great, very crisp

(PS2 using components to VGA converter)
You can try different deinterlacing modes. Cycle through them by using F5.
(12-07-2015, 09:46 PM)willkuer Wrote: You can try different deinterlacing modes. Cycle through them by using F5.

Hi thanks, i dont use any deinterlacing mode, but yes, i already test all without luck
So you use exactly the same crt monitor for the real console and the original ps2? How do you connect both? Do you have an lcd around? Would be interesting to show the pcsx2 output on an lcd.
(12-08-2015, 12:49 AM)willkuer Wrote: So you use exactly the same crt monitor for the real console and the original ps2? How do you connect both? Do you have an lcd around? Would be interesting to show the pcsx2 output on an lcd.

Hi, yes, same CRT, is a Philips 19" 31khz, very nice screen, perfect for emulation

I connect the PS2, Cube and xbox using this converter

[Image: xcm-monitor-adapter.jpg]

Thats why i  say I can get a nice picture with PCSX2, because first i test the real console, and compare in same screen

I dont have a TFT PC screen but i have a 20" TFT TV in the kitchen,  i will test tomorrow, normally this screen i use just for watch TV, no idea if have VGA in, but i think yes (i need to dismount from wall to check)
Can you post the GSdx config screen?