PCSX2 builds later than beta
As my little brother has my PS2 now I've felt like playing a bit of FFXII emulated, so I came to take a look and see the latest version of PCSX2. However, looking at the googlecode builds, there seems to be some FFXII fixes and speedups in the 15xx line though the latest beta is 1474.

So first of all is FFXII much less playable without the latest fixes to speed and FMV play and such?

Secondly, if it is, is it possible for someone to compile the source with those changes added in, if they don't know how to already? Or is it just not worth the effort?

Sponsored links

How about giving 1474 a try. If you feel that the FFXII performance is unsatisfactory, then you can try out one of the SVN builds. I have heard that FFXII fmv's have major trouble unless you view htem in "Software Mode", but that is the only major bug I am aware of.
Err not really,you must be confusing it with FFX-2. FMVs work perfectly fine here with my FFXII NTSC version
[Image: newsig.jpg]
My apologies, it was FFX-2 I was thinking of.
If you want to, you can just use the compilation guide. I've never compiled a program in my life, but the guide worked just fine for me. Hardest part was downloading and installing VS (which was about as hard as installing any other program).

That said, the SVN builds aren't guaranteed as stable as 0.9.6 or even 1474.
I have PAL FFXII and read someone saying one fixed a problem for them with the PAL version.

As it turns out the GSdx plugin in the latest beta build doesn't seem to care for my DirectX version anyway. I thought having DirectX 11 would be an up to date enough version by itself. Unfortunately my connection is being particularly sketchy and I don't seem to be able to download the latest Dx runtimes.
r1549 broke the fmvs, r1552 fixed'em, that's it. and gabest is not responsible for the structure of directx and its updates, microsoft is Wink already tried the webupdater of directx?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Oh right. Sorry for not reading more into that about the fmv thing. And yeah I know he's not responsible for Dx Tongue. Just surprised that I'm being asked for a newer version of Dx11 already despite that Windows 7 isn't even officially RTM yet.

Yeah I tried the webupdater, but I don't know what's up with my connection at the moment. Starts out at normal speeds then quickly drops down to nothing and then just stops completely. Maybe I need to leave it for a few hours or something.
Umm, as far as I can tell, Direct X 11 isnt even out yet. Even though windows 7 says direct x 11 in the dxdiag, its actually only DX10. And on top of that, there are very VERY few direct X 11 gpus out yet - if any. So I would have to stick my neck out and say there is no way you have DX11. i could be wrong, and if so any info on DX 11 would be appreciated.
well, win7 will (just like vista) use the highest directx subset that your gpu supports, but it's a bit more complicated with the step from dx10 to dx11, as some dx11 features can be used with dx10(.1) cards. btw, the pre release of dx11 in your win7 is not compatible with the dx11 sdk beta, which gabest currently uses for gsdx, so don't bother selecting the dx11 mode of gsdx Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403