PCSX2 came only with one cd driver.
Hi,

I am on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS I have installed both ppa, and PCSX2 using the terminal. For some reason there was only a basic setup for emulation of images and not cd/dvd roms. I have the game discs for the PS2, and would like to play them on my computer. I have tried to find some of the drivers that were mentioned in some of the other threads. All that I can find are the .dll files for windows, and not the .so files for linux.

Eric

Sponsored links

Looks like it only comes with the iso plugin. I would suggest getting some image making software that works under linux and making isos of your discs. Id suggest imgburn but it seems to be windows only Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

imgburn works perfectly under wine as i use it myself to make iso from discs. ppa only has the null cdvd plugin thereby requiring to run isos only. if you want to use the disc directly that bad you can compile the latest svn from source to get the other cdvd plugins...sent from cell phone
On linux, you can use k3b to create an iso. Or probably any serious burning tool.
(11-29-2012, 09:12 PM)gregory Wrote: On linux, you can use k3b to create an iso. Or probably any serious burning tool.

As for these isos will I be able to reburn them on to disc to use as a replacement? I would like to keep the originals in good condition. Last I read online there were still problems with burning PS2 discs and having the PS2 system read the burnt disc.
Depends on the local laws of your land you live in. However, it's best not to talk about this subject on this forum.
As long as you own the disc, you can legally keep backups of your games.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]