PCSX2 causing entire computer to become unresponsive
Hey guys,

So I've recently installed PCSX2 on to my new computer, and when booting past the menus and into levels on certain games it’s not only freezing PCSX2 but all of Windows and my entire computer, to the point where my PC is so slow and unresponsive that I sometimes have to hard reset my computer using the power button on my PC tower. I have dialed back the settings and tried all hardware renderers but the issue keeps resurfacing.

I’ve had no issues with my whole pc freezing while using any other applications or games, which makes this even more confusing. Is this more likely hardware or driver related? I'm guessing it's more likely a CPU thing.

To be honest, my knowledge around pc software and hardware is quite limited, so excuse any ignorance if this is a simple issue where the fix is well documented, but I struggle to find examples of people describing pcsx2 crashing their entire system. Especially with what is a pretty powerful PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to get playing more classic PS2 games!

PC Specs:

Case - Fractal Meshify C Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Mid Tower PC Gaming Case

Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX Intel Z390-F

Power Supply - Corsair 750 Watt RM750x

CPU - I9-990K
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro H100x 240mm CPU Water Cooler

GPU - Evga RTX 2080 TI XC Ultra

Storage - Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008
Intel 660p 512GB M.2
Samsung MZ-V7E1T0BW 970 EVO

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go