PCSX2 conf. for MGS3
First of all, my apologizes if there is similar thread. Second thing, I have this configuration:
AMD Athalon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Procesor 4000+ 2.09
2G of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Grapich card

I was able to start MGS 3, and got really excited, then when real gameplay began i was disapionted to se how slow it is. I was able to configurate those Emulation settings but it still didnt help. And now i was wondering is there something else to configurate to speed game up,could i play MGS2 and with theese computer configuration.

Sponsored links

Quote:Minumum:FAILED
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card
Recommended:FAILED
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum:FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5 OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
unfortunately that rig is outside the minimun system requirements better get a new desktop now...
don't expect magic tricks configuration and there is no cure on that.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
MGS uses a few tricks in the coding that aren't emulated efficiently. Frankly it ran poorly on my 4.5ghz i5 2500k.

I'm sure it's better these days but I gave it back to my friend so i can't retest it Sad
Well, I actually HAVE the maximum requirements for pcsx2 (i7 [email protected] with GTX 580) and I still can't get MGS3 to run full speed. Can you help me out?
The trick here is speedhacks. Ivy Bridge at 5GHz should be able to run all ps2 game on pcs2 (I hope).

[Image: pcsx2sotcspeedhacks.png]

What a shame, then I will have to invest in used ps2 for low price if I want to play it.
(11-21-2011, 08:46 AM)Big_Boss Wrote: What a shame, then I will have to invest in used ps2 for low price if I want to play it.

you need to own one if you want to play pcsx2 legally.
read our rules especially rule N°1

Closed & warned for piracy
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go