PCSX2 crash at D3D10, and show black screen at D3D9
(06-15-2011, 10:59 AM)Zekareisoujin Wrote: By the way, so what exactly is the problem here? Since dxdiag shows that my DirectX version is 11 b4 this.
Another question, is it still possible to transfer save data from PS2 mem card to PC? I googled this and found some threads from 2008, so I wanna check if this is still possible.

P.S: I use the binary version btw, not the window installer version Laugh

I always use/recommend the binaries. Smile

The problem with DirectX was in the way it updates. There is more than just DX9, DX10 then DX11. There are also many updates that come between them, and you must have been running with the most basic DX11 (i.e. where a fresh Windows 7 install leaves you), but needed something that came along later with an update. It's always good to just update those things regularly. Honestly, I facepalmed myself when Bositman said that (cause I then knew I should've thought of it. lol). It just goes to show ya, all the basic/general advice is usually where the solution is. Wink

And yes, it is still possible to get your saves from your PS2 memory cards onto your PC. It seems like there is a thread/guide for that somewhere on here. If I find it, I'll come back and link it for you.

Sponsored links

Then it might be a good idea to put this up on installation/configuration guide Laugh. Anw, it seems my spec is not able to play P3 FES smoothly. I can only run at 30-40 fps, having tried a lot of configurations. Guess I'll try sth else, and play P3FES on my ps2 instead Sad. Just that it often fails to read cds >.<
void me(int money) -> function me takes real money returns nothing
Not to burst your bubble, but it basically already is...

Configuration Guide Wrote:.....
2) PCSX2 comes in 3 flavors, full installer, web installer and binary. Full installer has the DirectX web installer bundled, web installer optionally downloads it from the internet, and binary is only the program with the plugins. Download the one you prefer or if you don't know which, the full installer.

A new user should choose the full installer first. It automatically will update DirectX for you. The binaries are technically for those who are already familiar with PCSX2, but can help avoid some silly issues that may or may not occur (due to some folders potential for restricted access).

As for your speed, you do have a slower CPU for PCSX2 in general. Make sure you're using Speedhacks, and possibly even a low resolution (your GPU is more "OK" than "Good"). Honestly, you shouldn't expect the greatest results from your laptop with every game.
Actually I did install the full installer also (when i failed to use my binary package).. And the result was as you can see :|. Perhaps the full installer did not include this?
By the way what's the optimal CPU speed to run, let's say P3 FES at 60 fps? When I was running PCSX2 my CPU usage only stays at 50% for PCSX2, is this normal?
void me(int money) -> function me takes real money returns nothing
Not sure what to say about the installer. I've never rightfully used it myself, just hard to believe it would be so clearly stated... Oh! Perhaps that's something that 0.9.7 did, but not 0.9.8. ... That still seems kinda off, but in the PCSX2 0.9.8 thread, rama only mentions C++ Redists...

(05-01-2011, 03:17 PM)rama Wrote: (NOTE: Full installer includes Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which is ideal for offline installs of PCSX2. Web installer optionally fetches the Redists from Microsoft.com, if your computer doesn't already have them installed.)

I don't know Persona games personally, so I'm not the best to ask. With PCSX2, you generally want the fastest you can get. If your CPU is only achieving 50% usage, then perhaps your laptop's Power Plan is set to some power saving plan. Make sure it's set to "High Performance". Otherwise, your CPU usage could be limited.