PCSX2 crashes [AMD driver]
Random crashes in any game. Crashing more often if EE cyclerate or/and VU cycle stealing enabled.
I see nothing in emu log, in windows event viewer :

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the AMD External Events Utility service.

Then after few seconds :

Faulting application name: pcsx2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5165f0ac
Faulting module name: wpdshext.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50108d6a
Exception code: 0xc0000005

SVN 5608 ,5730.
AMD 13.8 beta 2 ,13.9 and 13.10 beta.(driver sweeper between installs)
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

PC games and other software working without problems.
Any ideas except downgrading to Win 7 or older drivers will be interesting to listen Smile

Sponsored links

What are your PC's specs? This is pretty bizarre. I'm on Catalyst 13.8 beta2, and haven't been having any crashes like this. I'm on SVN 5725 as well.

Try wiping out PCSX2 from your system (backup your memory cards though, lol) and downloading the .exe installer version and reconfiguring it like that. See if that solves the crashing. If it works, then download your preferred SVN version and play normally.
(09-29-2013, 10:45 PM)NarooN Wrote: What are your PC's specs? This is pretty bizarre. I'm on Catalyst 13.8 beta2, and haven't been having any crashes like this. I'm on SVN 5725 as well.
On Win 7 everything was fine Smile 3 years or so no problems at all. And i prefer portable versions of PCSX2 .
Nothing special about my PC (with issues described above,i have more than 1 PC). Intel i5 2500,amd 7770,8gb ddr3.
And this strange crashes real nightmare because i need to save game every minute or so.
And i don't know what else to try,all my favorite PC games works good.
Quote: And i prefer portable versions of PCSX2 .
still, if some of the required cmponents to run pcsx2 have somehow been damaged, using the full installer will repair them. Hence Naroon's suggestion (@Naroon : And I second you on this suggestion, BTW Wink )
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hmm.. if everyone suggesting to donormal install ,i guess this cant hurt me lol
But i cant see any logic ? Using always RunWizard=0 and as far as i know everything goes to emulator folder?
And what next? Uninstall 1.0 and fresh SVN again?
---
Installed 1.0
No crashes after 10 min... Strange but i have no slowdowns at all if checking menus or shops inventory in Final Fantasy 12.Why ? Smile
I was sure new SVNs better. Maybe some glitches in newest GSDX?
Anyways thanks for your help everyone,if will be some news i can update later.
The full installer makes makes sure your DX and VCRT are fully updated. After you run the full installer once, you can retry the portable version.

Windows update doesn't update DX and VCRT, instead, when you install games (or PCSX2) then they make sure they're updated or otherwise update them.
(09-30-2013, 04:38 AM)avih Wrote: The full installer makes sure your DX and VCRT are fully updated. After you run the full installer once, you can retry the portable version.
Yes but if i already have everything and installer did nothing about any additional installations of any software.
VC from 2005 to 2012 ,both 32 and 64 bit latest versions installed on my OS ,NET 3.5 for Windows 8 ,and DX web install.
So.. only 1 reason for strange emulator work i can see in Windows 8 environment . On Windows 7 UAC was fully disabled via Group Policy ,but on Windows 8 i cant do same,if disabled Metro stuff not working.
And 1.0 very stable on my PC ,any changes in options during gameplay not crashing PCSX2 ,etc.
Also games performance for some reason better on 1.0 . Tested some of my games and with same settings lets say few FPS faster. So i guess i need to stay on 1.0 ,all games i need works good. Grandia Xtreme for example.
I just wondering what will be on Windows 8.1 after 2 weeks or so Smile
1.0 is faster because it's optimized for speed with PGO during the build process. This is a lengthy process, so the nightly builds don't have it, but we do it for release builds.
(09-30-2013, 10:25 AM)avih Wrote: 1.0 is faster because it's optimized for speed with PGO during the build process.
I see thanks for the heads up Smile Finally i can relax and enjoy normal gaming now.But i like to test new builds however. Maybe its better to do on my 2nd PC with Windows 7 on it.
@avih: What is PGO?