PCSX2 crashes after about 10 minutes
(02-05-2013, 10:57 PM)pgert Wrote: Do you have "EE Cyclerate" set to 1, and "VU Cycle Stealing" set to 0?

Yes.

(02-05-2013, 11:02 PM)miseru99 Wrote: @Caion none of those recommended speedhacks causes crashes in this game and they're recommended couse actually not causing any problems with most other games either plus are disabled in those they do automatically. The crashes must be caused by your system.

For both of you having similar crashes, make sure you have vs 2010 SP1 redistributable installed, there's also non SP1 version which althrough running pcsx2, will cause random crashes soo make sure you have the correct one. If that doesn't help, you can try switching SPU2-X from Xaudio2 to Dsound as it have problems with some sound drivers.

I've installed the correct version. Before changing the audio plugin I'll give it another shot and let the game run doing nothing with just "Enable ITNC Spin Detection" enabled to see if it crashes again.

Sponsored links

so let me get this straight, cgi has a problem but caion has thread jacked the whole thing while HE doesnt have the problem?
looking at the first post he made, he spoke in the past sentence so i asume HE doesnt have the problem but CGI still has the problem but hasnt reacted to this topic yet

confusing thread is confusing Wacko
(02-06-2013, 12:30 AM)WarWeeny Wrote: so let me get this straight, cgi has a problem but caion has thread jacked the whole thing while HE doesnt have the problem?
looking at the first post he made, he spoke in the past sentence so i asume HE doesnt have the problem but CGI still has the problem but hasnt reacted to this topic yet

If anyone "thread jacked" here, then it would be me.

CGI will assumably return later.
You however, should not.
(02-06-2013, 12:54 AM)pgert Wrote: If anyone "thread jacked" here, then it would be me.

CGI will assumably return later.
You however, should not.

no he started it >.>

and i was just stating the situation for anyone else who enters the thread -,-
if anything, you should stay away to keep the normal people in.

*added to ignorelist for obvious reasons* lol
Well I was just trying to help telling CGI that I had a similar problem recently and how I solved it.
(02-06-2013, 08:45 AM)Caion Wrote: Well I was just trying to help telling CGI that I had a similar problem recently and how I solved it.

yeah i know but the thread readers, if they dont pay much attention, think you might have the problem and not CGI.

guess we need to wait for cgi to see if he can solve it the same way as you did.
Hey guys. I wanted to test some settings out before I posted back here. Weird, but when I went back to play my games. I did change the audio to directsound, and that did work. However, I reverted back to XAudio 2 and played my games and I didn't get the freezing again. So, I don't think it did have anything to do with directsound.

I am now using revision 5557. I turned on Rogue Galaxy and got it to the load screen then went to get something to drink. I came back after about 10 minutes of it still being on that screen, and the crash error had occured some time within the time I was gone. I really don't know what the issue is. The emulator works flawlessly at times, and freezes every 10 to 15 minutes at other times.
(02-12-2013, 07:21 PM)CGI Wrote: Hey guys. I wanted to test some settings out before I posted back here. Weird, but when I went back to play my games. I did change the audio to directsound, and that did work. However, I reverted back to XAudio 2 and played my games and I didn't get the freezing again. So, I don't think it did have anything to do with directsound.

I am now using revision 5557. I turned on Rogue Galaxy and got it to the load screen then went to get something to drink. I came back after about 10 minutes of it still being on that screen, and the crash error had occured some time within the time I was gone. I really don't know what the issue is. The emulator works flawlessly at times, and freezes every 10 to 15 minutes at other times.

It's exactly the same for me. I played a little bit with the settings but in the end I ended up where I started. Although it's been some time since my last crash, it still happens randomly Sad
Hm can you try deleting the SPU2-x.ini file from the inis folder? You'll have to reconfigure SPu2-X after (leave it to Xaudio-2) and try again
[Image: newsig.jpg]