PCSX2 crashes when loading a game/changing settings
So up until just yesterday, my emulator was working perfectly fine. Then I updated m nightly build and suddenly I couldn't load games or anything. It would load for one second, then just close itself out. I updated to today's build and it's still happening, even with a fresh install. GPU drivers are up to date, so I have no idea why this is happening. Here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 with Radeon graphics
16 gb RAM
Windows 11 64 bit

I've also attached the crash txt file. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
.txt   crash-2024-01-29-09-55-53-758.txt (Size: 34,93 KB / Downloads: 53)

Sponsored links

what are your exact specs ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-29-2024, 07:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what are your exact specs ?
Beelink SER-5 Mini PC
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
RAM 16GB
download and install : https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/whql-amd...olaris.exe
I've been having the exact same issue and have check the other posts about similar problems within the last 12 hours.

So far I have done the following:
- Checked for updates on my drivers
-Updated all of my AMD related drivers that needed it
- Reinstalled PCSX2, three times, going through the entire set up process each time
-Installed an earlier version (1.7.5550 specifically)
-Turned my device on and off again.

None of these things have fixed anything and between yesterday and today I can't think of a single thing that I've changed or updated (Aside from PCSX2) that would have caused this.
I'm having the same exact issue on my ROG ally, was working fine yesterday
(01-30-2024, 03:16 AM)Wbrown544 Wrote: I'm having the same exact issue on my ROG ally, was working fine yesterday
apparently, recent windows update and/or recent amd update break it.
try DDU, then install previous version of AMD driver

update : read below

Crashes Due to OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack
What is this?
Despite being a compatibility pack, this package does not comply with the Vulkan specification. Installing this package will cause PCSX2 and possibly other applications using Vulkan to crash. On most systems this package is completely unnecessary, if proper GPU drivers are installed.

For ROG Ally Users
ASUS seems to have installed this package by default on the ROG Ally, despite it being broken and not necessary, as the ROG Ally has a fully featured GPU driver. You will need to uninstall it to use PCSX2.

How do I uninstall this?
Hit Start, Settings, Apps, then find OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack in the list. Click it, then hit Uninstall. Once uninstalled, reboot your PC.
Thank you, it also now notifies you of this if you boot a game with it installed.
(01-30-2024, 07:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: apparently, recent windows update and/or recent amd update break it.
try DDU, then install previous version of AMD driver

update : read below

Crashes Due to OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack
What is this?
Despite being a compatibility pack, this package does not comply with the Vulkan specification. Installing this package will cause PCSX2 and possibly other applications using Vulkan to crash. On most systems this package is completely unnecessary, if proper GPU drivers are installed.

For ROG Ally Users
ASUS seems to have installed this package by default on the ROG Ally, despite it being broken and not necessary, as the ROG Ally has a fully featured GPU driver. You will need to uninstall it to use PCSX2.

How do I uninstall this?
Hit Start, Settings, Apps, then find OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack in the list. Click it, then hit Uninstall. Once uninstalled, reboot your PC.

Thank you so much for explaining this. It started working for me after the latest update so i didn't have to uninstall the compatibility pack, but I'm glad to at least have an explanation as to why the emulator was crashing. Thank you for your help with this!