PCSX2 crashing
I had this wroking on my last computer, so not sure why it won't work on my new one. Originally it kept crashing at the "opening dev9" spot, but I manged to get a little further now after granting the program admin access and running in compatibility mode with XP. We are running a PS2 disc if that means anything. Now this is what I'm getting below.

PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 8156 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-4130 Quad-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 3.816 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 1e98220b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
MMX2 .. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\spu2-x-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 416ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (9.18.13.4465)

Sponsored links

did you update your directx, if not Download and run this : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109
Get it out of program files. Bad spot for things. Also why still running XP? Or is it from the compatibility mode?
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

@White fang. Yes. We have the latest DX installed.

@Jobe. It's in compatibility mode. We tried without it and it would crash at "opening dev9", even though it's set to null. Also, we've tried both with running PSX2 out of the programs area as well as in it. In the programs area though is it's default install point.
Try downloading the GIT versions.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
I wonder if it is trying to open files from your my documents folder. Since I take it you used the installer version? I had issues with it. Do why Key said download git version. Down the download page. Before trying to use a git version Uninstall the installer version.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(11-23-2014, 10:23 AM)JobeStroud Wrote: I wonder if it is trying to open files from your my documents folder. Since I take it you used the installer version? I had issues with it. Do why Key said download git version. Down the download page. Before trying to use a git version Uninstall the installer version.

Although opening files at the /Documents folder is not a greater problem, trying to run something from there is not advised (as from any specially protected Windows folder). This includes plugins and mods called from there by the main application, and yes, this is extensive to any application/game relying on plugins/mods.

On the other side I had access rights problems with files at C: in general (even txt ones) under Windows 8.1. I can't confirm it yet but the advice would be avoiding the C: at all where possible.

The access rights issues introduced with Windows Vista are long known by now, it was a major problem in the Nexus sites (the mods site). The problem became clear from start due to the heavily modded characteristic of Bethesda games and the pressure brought by Skyrim forced Steam to allow installation outside the C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) even if Steam itself is there (what shouldn't).
Imagination is where we are truly real
We've tried downloading it from some other site which had it all contained in one folder on the desktop. Also, i tried running the exact same folder from our old hard drive (which worked before we upgraded everything) and now it won't. So I don't think it has anything to do with the C drive. Also, we are using win 7.
Quote:We've tried downloading it from some other site which had it all contained in one folder on the desktop
unsupported.
delete this crap so that we could help you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Any other ideas?