PCSX2 crashing upon startup on macOS
Hello everyone. I made an account here just to post this.

I've been using PCSX2 for two days now, and one issue I've ran into is that PCSX2 crashes when I start it on macOS. Navigating to  ~/Library/Application Support/PCSX2/inis/  and deleting the .ini configuration file seems to restore PCSX2, but it will happen again some time later after I open it a couple of times. Deleting the .ini file is just a really temporary workaround because I would still need to reconfigure everything anyway (mappings too). There doesn't seem to be any relevant info on Google, because all I get is "PCSX2 crashes when loading game/BIOS", which is still a crash, but in my case the emulator straight up doesn't start.

I'm using a MacBook Air mid-2012 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7, which, despite its age, did manage to run a few games, including Test Drive Unlimited. I don't think it's a memory issue where it doesn't have enough RAM because opening the emulator itself is not a monumental task and doesn't require a lot of memory. Apparently I'm not allowed to post URLs yet so take this

https:// streamable . com/h8l3yv[/i]

And remove the spaces so you can see the video demonstrating the issue.

Edit 1: Found an issue report on GitHub describing the same problem but it doesn't seem like there is a definitive solution.

Sponsored links