PCSX2 damages my savestates
(04-17-2009, 06:19 PM)vsub Wrote: But how changing pcsx2/plugins versions will damage something that I'm just loading?
And BTW when I updating to new version I delete the old one and don't use it anymore if I don't see something wrong with the new one.The state was created with the pcsx2 and plugins from the latest beta from Krakatos and the save was damaged when I still was using those plugins but newer rev. of pcsx2.

The problem now is that pcsx2 don't damages my states and I can't give for comparison...this happens at random and I'm afraid to use my states now.

Just because it says it can't load them does not mean the files are corrupt. New plugins expect and/or use different save state data,so there can be an incopatibility.
I've never had any issue like this before and no one from the team as far as I know...
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(04-17-2009, 10:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: Just because it says it can't load them does not mean the files are corrupt. New plugins expect and/or use different save state data,so there can be an incopatibility.
I've never had any issue like this before and no one from the team as far as I know...

Like I've said the plugins I've used to create the state and when the state got damaged was the same.The state isn't working with any pcsx2/plugin version anymore,even on the ones I've used to create it.
hmm this same issue happened to me (and i was using cheats at the time), it could just be that (that the savestates shouldn't be saved with hacks on) Unsure Mellow
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
i started getting this message too.I moves to pcsx2 0,96 r-894 and now i can't save.I am pressing save to slot 0 or 1 and when it says save has done in the console it doesn't return to the game.And when i am trying loading i get the error.
Hi guys.

I encountered a different problem with SS - but maybe it's in the same ballpark. Here's my crospost from http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5465-post...l#pid43487:

Noticed a strange problem with not working savestates. Using SVN 976 my savestates were working perfectly on FF XII. Yesterday I started using the newer 1034 SVN and it doesn't load savestates (made either with the old SVN or the new one) - basically the emulator just hangs when I try to do that. The config is the same for both SVNs (I just use a different exe in the same PCSX2 folder), so I'm pretty sure it is down to some difference between the SVNs.
I had to revert to using the 976 build since SS are a blessing.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Maybe the new cyclestealing hack has something to do with it. Will check in the evening.
Im having almost the same problem, but in my case 976 build create the savestate and then says the savestate is incomplete when i try to load it
My Rig:

Core 2 Quad Q8200 2,33
2gb ddr2
Dg31pr
XFX 9600gt 512ddr3
Vista SP1

maybe your doing savestates with patches on? Smile try doing it with patches off Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
No patches SadSad
My Rig:

Core 2 Quad Q8200 2,33
2gb ddr2
Dg31pr
XFX 9600gt 512ddr3
Vista SP1

(04-23-2009, 01:57 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: maybe your doing savestates with patches on? Smile try doing it with patches off Smile

Most of the patches(health,money,exp,magic...)has nothing to do with this problem since those values can be the ones that the patch is for at any time,so it's just like you have those values but the cheats are off.