PCSX2 damages my savestates
I don't know on which rev. this problem started but I think it's between r976 to r988 or from r984 to r988.

I'm just loading them,not saving but when it damages my save a message appear
Error: Savestate data is corrupted or incomplete
Filename: Tag: mtgs
and I can't use that state anymore...I didn't know that even loading saves states write data to the file or this is the problem.

Sponsored links

(04-16-2009, 09:45 PM)vsub Wrote: I don't know on which rev. this problem started but I think it's between r976 to r988 or from r984 to r988.

I'm just loading them,not saving but when it damages my save a message appear
Error: Savestate data is corrupted or incomplete
Filename: Tag: mtgs
and I can't use that state anymore...I didn't know that even loading saves states write data to the file or this is the problem.

The beta versions do this.You must always create a backup of your savestates when you run a beta version of pcsx2.Then change the backup with the savestates that are in the pcsx2 folder after you had run the beta version for ta least 1 time.(I mean playing a game)This should work.Also try loading your savestates from the original 0.96 version.

sorry for my bad english
I'm using pcsx2 since 0.9.2 and almost every beta and that wasn't happening EVER before.The only thing that was happening was that the states wasn't working anymore but they do work with the version that creates them.I'm not talking about that(compatibility)
For example I loaded more than 5 times today that state(it's created with r976)today and suddenly this message appear and now this state isn't loading with any version of pcsx2
The same problem. I can't load my savestates. Says, slot is empty, when I'm sure, they are exist (I actually see them in the folder)
some saves in my memory card got corrupted oddly. (but only 1 or 2) I think it's still a problem with pcsx2, once I find a cause I'll be sure to report it (I mean when I find something that triggers it)
(04-16-2009, 10:40 PM)abracad Wrote: The same problem. I can't load my savestates. Says, slot is empty, when I'm sure, they are exist (I actually see them in the folder)

That can happen if:
1.The CDVD plugin don't get the CRC correctly.
2.You are starting a game directly from savestate or Run=>Execute(not from File=>Run CD/DVD)

I'm not talking about this kind of problem.The savestate is working and suddenly during loading damages my savestate and I can't use it anymore.It's like that:
Load - ok
Load - ok
Load - error message and the savestate is damaged and not usable anymore by any pcsx2 version.

I'm just loading,not saving.

I don't know why no one from the pcsx2 team say something about this.This is NOT the common problem with unsupported savestates by newer version and this problem started recently(I'm sure of it because I mainly use save states and that NEVER happens before)
Hm so by trying to load a state with a newer version than the one it was created from corrupts the file? So it is not usable with the build it created it too? That's strange...are you sure you didn't save?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-17-2009, 12:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hm so by trying to load a state with a newer version than the one it was created from corrupts the file?
I don't know on which rev. exactly this problem started but I was using r985 when for the first time that happen(I don't know if the problem is somewhere between r976 and r985 since r985 was the next one I've compiled...r976 was the one from Krakatos and the one I've used to create the states).
(04-17-2009, 12:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: So it is not usable with the build it created it too?
It's not working with ANY version,the file really is damaged.
(04-17-2009, 12:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: That's strange...are you sure you didn't save?
Yes I'm 100% sure that I just load the state...I was thinking maybe the archive got damaged and pcsx2 can't extract the state but it's not that.
vsub:
You're doing something wrong. The code only opens the file for writing when you ordered it to safe.
Pushing F3 cannot destroy the file.
(04-17-2009, 02:02 PM)rama Wrote: vsub:
You're doing something wrong. The code only opens the file for writing when you ordered it to safe.
Pushing F3 cannot destroy the file.

I was trying the new speed hack or/and when I was creating cheats when that happens.
I think it was like that(except on GoW state,there I just create the state and after that it was damaged)I was making cheats for ToA and when the emu crashes with vtbl miss error I just File=>States=>Load=>and load the state without resetting the emu.
Or I was trying to load the state to see how it will work with ZeroGS and the new speed hack

I'm just loading states and trying hacks and that happens at random.I know that something may happen if I save savestate with hacks enabled.